Extending a 7 day All Inclusive

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13th, 2003, 02:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am curious to know whether its possible to book a last minute 7 day AI special and upon arrival, to delay your return two weeks paying a deviation fee. I am curious to know what peoples experiences have been with this circumstance. I imagine this would be done throught the tour company and not necessarily the airline. I am planning a trip to Cuba at the beginning of December and thinking about my situation. Flights and packages seem to be all over the map. Thanks for your response.
Old Nov 13th, 2003, 07:16 PM
wow

If you book a LM7DAI that is what you get! Otherwise, we wld all book a LM7DAI & then mess around w/ the return date & "deviation fee" whenever we feel like going home! "Let me see...do I feel like going home today??...Nah!...ask me tomorrow...so, how much is the "deviataion fee" today? ok, ask me tomorrow....
Old Nov 14th, 2003, 03:38 PM

It would be very difficult and very expensive to extend your stay in Cuba. Even if possible (charter flights have strict rules on changes) you extra week hotel would be at a full rack rate, not on special. I know for a fact that say if you were down in Cuba, and you wanted to change hotels, the tour rep only has access to full fare rates on hotels, not specials, no last minute deals, so I would assume the same for extending your stay.

And by the way, no matter how good the price, do not go to the Villa Cuba...It was gross!!!
Old Nov 24th, 2003, 06:36 AM

Why not just ask your travel agent and book it that way now?

We went last year, one week AI, one week independent travel, so we flew back one week later and stayed in other hotels/homes and bought our own food and drink the second week. The package was the same as if we stayed only one week.

It is my understanding however, that they do not like to book three weeks, and it will cost double the airfare.
Old Nov 24th, 2003, 05:22 PM

We just returned from Cuba (OCT)stayed 2 weeks at Sandals, then left on our own, to Havana,stayed in old Havana ,for one week. We then, returned to Varadero,for our flight back to Montreal.Their was NO extra cost , as far as air, was concerned.This was a package deal from a tour operator based in Montreal (CARIBE SOL), all they did was extend our flight by one week,that's not brain surgery,if, your agent, has a problem,find a new one .... Best thing I did, was spend a leisure week in old Havana, it was fabulous !! Thanks, Steve......
Bill.
Old Nov 25th, 2003, 03:05 AM

Not all tour operators are that flexable...also, maybe there isn't room on the plane...If you want two weeks book two weeks..That isn't brain surgery!!
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 08:45 AM

Thanks for the advice on the tour operator bigguy.

We tried to book 3 weeks in mexico this year air only and they told us you had to do it by May and it cost double. Even though one or two weeks is okay... you can do the math. So we are only going for two and are missing some significant things we wanted to see.