Reload this Page >

Ever been to Eleuthera??

Search

Ever been to Eleuthera??

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26th, 1997, 11:41 AM
Bette

Ever been to Eleuthera??

Considering going to Eleuthera (among other out of the way islands)...like quiet, peaceful and sun and surf....any suggestions?

Old Jan 7th, 1998, 05:05 AM
Laura

I was in Eleuthera in 1989. Stayed at Club Med and
really loved it. The island is very quiet and there
isn't much to do, but if you're looking for a
relaxing beach vacation, it is an ideal choice.

Old Mar 20th, 1998, 05:55 AM
bette

Thanx for info on Eleuthera. Leaving in June and
staying at the "Cover Eleuthera". We like isolation (such as the "only footsteps in the sand"). Have been to many caribbean islands....now starting to investigate the outer-islands! Hope I won't be too bored as bno TV, telep, etc. in room....However, hotel has lounge....

Thanx again!

Old Mar 20th, 1998, 08:10 PM
gloria

hello -- we LOVE eleuthera -- we were there for almost 3 weeks in 1986 and almost 5 weeks in 1988 -- both times we rented houses on Ten Bay Beach, south of Governor's Harbor and Palmetto Point -- we were there with 9 people the first time and 7 the second -- since we were in a house, we did our own cooking -- it was DELIGHTFUL getting grouper and conch from the local fishermen sitting in their boats in Tarpon Bay and Savannah Sound -- we especially enjoyed being a part of the neighborhood -- one day we attended an all island track meet -- that was really something!!! -- we enjoyed talking with the locals and "being a part" rather than a tourist -- there's really "nothing" to do or see, so bring lots of books, visit with the locals, swim each day in the turqoise water, and enjoy the peace and quiet of a delightful corner of the world!!!

Old Mar 21st, 1998, 07:26 PM
debbie

I should be able to track down some great, current info on Eleuthera for you: my friend was there for a week the beginning of March, but I haven't talked to her yet as we returned today from Puerto Vallarta, and had left the states before she returned. Will try to talk to her in the next couple days and get back to you, or will give her your email address.

Old Mar 31st, 1998, 01:42 PM
Robert Morton

Hello! We stayed Eleuthera in July 1989, at Palmetto Shores Vacation Villa. Asa Bethel was the Manager and Owner, and he rented us a neat isolated villa owned by someone from New York, with three bedrooms, full kitchen, two bathrooms, etc. It was on a hill overlooking South Palmetto Point. We rented a car and traveled to neat isolated beaches. Take snorkeling gear and try Ten Bay Beach, which is full of shells to collect. The "Glass Window Bridge" was closed due to construction, but the cliffs there were nice to see: narrowest part of the island with the rough, deep blue Atlantic Ocean smashing into the cliffs on one side, and the tranquil, light blue, green, and turqoise Caribbean on the other. What a contrast! People friendly all over, although boat haitians were around, and the Eleutherans didn't really appreciate them much. But, no crime problem- we drove everywhere, from Tarpum Bay and Greencastle in the south to Gregory Town and the Glass Bay Bridge on the north. Have fun. Robert Morton