Search

Eleuthera Resorts

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7th, 2000, 05:49 AM
Greg

Eleuthera Resorts

Greetings, <BR> Looking for some information/web sites about resorts/properties on Eleuthera Island, Bahamas. I've looked at "www.wheretostay.com" but they only list two properties. I know there are more, but just can't seem to find additional information. <BR> Thanks. <BR>

Old Aug 7th, 2000, 07:34 AM
Louis

Here are some names of places in Eleuthera you can use for a web search. <BR>Cambridge Villas, Club Eleuthera, Cotton Bay Club, The Cove Eleuthera Hilton's Haven, Laughing Bird Apartments, Palmetto Shores Vacation Villas, Rainbow Inn, and Unique Village. <BR>This was pulled out of the 1993 magazine of the Bahamas Out Islands Promotion Board.

Old Aug 8th, 2000, 06:00 AM
Robert

Greg; My family stayed there at least 8 years ago, and I have plenty of contacts in my trip notes(I'm a freelance writer). We stayed in a villa with Palmetto Shores, managed by a nice local man named Asa Bethel. The old phone no. is (809)322-2305. I believe the area code for the Bahamas, however, has been changed. He lives in Governor's Harbor. Try the Cove Eleuthera at 1-800-552-5960. Very secluded with beautiful turquoise waters for snorkeling. Another nice place was Winding Bay Resort, managed by Henry Ferguson. Sorry, but I don't have the phone number. Also, check out the Rainbow Inn at (800)-468-9876 for a place that's not luxurious. The Windermere Island Club was real plush; Call (800)-237-1236. Also, the Cotton Bay Club was plush and pristine as well. Their old phone number is (809)334-6101. You may want to look into staying at Harbour Island and Spanish Wells. Both beautiful places in northern Eleuthera. Definately rent a car and island explore with snorkeling equipment. You will find places like "Ten Bay Beach" which was pristine and full of reef fish. Have fun. Robert

Old Aug 8th, 2000, 10:08 PM
Keely

Bahamas area code is now 242.

Old Aug 11th, 2000, 02:05 PM
tweedy

Greg, Windemere and Cotton Bay are both closed now. Eleuthera is a beautiful island and VERY laid back, not much in the way of tourist support. There are just a few restaurants and you HAVE to have a car to get around anywhere. <BR> <BR>You also might check into Harbour Island which is on the N. coast of Eleuthera and also has some wonderful places to say. The island is so small you won't need to have transportation, you just walk everywhere. <BR> <BR>If you need any more info email me or post here. I spend at least a week or two on HI and Eleuthera every year. <BR> <BR>tweedy

Old Sep 29th, 2000, 11:51 AM
Sandy

Also try 10kvacationrentals.com and vacationspot.com if you're interested in renting a house or apartment there. My husband and I rented a small apartment in Rainbow Bay for $400 a week, which was much cheaper than any hotel and resort. We had a great time exploring the island, and many times had the beaches to ourselves.