Reload this Page >

Does the perfect island exist?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 06:28 AM
Julie

Hi everyone. I was at Grand Cayman Island in January. I was disappointed in the weather. It was cool and breezy. The beaches were not great. The beach at our hotel was nonexistent due to a hurricane last fall. The only upside is that the Caymans are safe to walk around at night. There is very little poverty. It's like Bermuda in that respect. Is there an island out there that is consistently warm in January, safe, great beaches, quiet and family oriented? Does it exist?

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 07:44 AM
Mary Fernald

We just love Aruba. Very safe, wonderful beaches, great dining and warm all year round and plenty of family activity. Check out the packages at Travel Unlimited www.travelunlimited.com

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 12:19 PM
nonsequiter

No. It does. Must try the salmon. Keep going, you'll get there.<BR><BR>Where the hell did I put that fruitcake? Stop staring at me!

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 12:56 PM
Julie

Thanks Mary for your input. I have heard a lot of good things about Aruba.<BR>I'll check out that website. Thanks again!

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 07:33 PM
Linda

If you want to spend time in paradise, go to Tortola in the BVI. Do a few day trips to Virgin Gorda and Jost Van Dyke by ferry. This is truly paradise. No big or chain hotels, no fast food, no shopping malls. Pick up a hitchiker. Totally safe island, no crime. Lovely people.

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 05:30 PM
Mary

The perfect island for us is one with perfect beaches and good food. Or short list is: Anguilla, Virgin Gorda, & Provo.