COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Diving or snorkeling in Rincon

Old May 23rd, 2002, 06:11 AM
Mike

Diving or snorkeling in Rincon

I will be in Rincon, Puerto Rico and was wondering if anyone has any input on snorkeling or scuba in the area. It would be a Discover Scuba thing and/or a family snorkel. Is the trip and money worth going to Desecheo Island. We have limited experience, so anything nice would probably be fun. Any recommendations on dive shop?

Thanks,
Mike

Old May 23rd, 2002, 07:17 AM
rqf

You might find what you are looking for at www.travelandsport.com

Old May 6th, 2003, 11:26 AM

Mike,

Desecheo is the best diving spot in Puerto Rico and highly recommended. Underwater visibility is upward of 100ft with awesome underwater scenery and wildlife.

-- Lou Caraballo
LemonTree Waterfront Suites
Rincon, PR 00677
Old May 7th, 2003, 02:53 AM

As a resident of Rincon I can surely say the best diving is done in the west. Espceially during the summer months. Desecheo with it's pristine water conditions is very beautiful. You may snorkel or scuba around the the island. But please do not touch or damage the coral. There are two reputable dive shops in Rincon. They have advertising all over the place. Just ask anyone and they will direct you to them. Have Fun!!
Old May 7th, 2003, 09:36 AM

Mike,

Diving and snorkeling the West Coast of Puerto Rico is an experience you will never forget! The water, coral, fish, fauna is spectacular and the people are the friendliest I've ever met. There are two good dive shops in Rincon, my favorite is Taino Divers www.tainodivers.com they are very helpful and will make your discover dive an enjoyable experience. Desecheo Island diving is great and the color and visibility of the water is undescribable. Enjoy your diving!!!