Reload this Page >

Damage to Little Dix - Repairs?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17th, 2000, 11:26 AM
aparrot

Before Hurricane Lenny hit, I booked our March 2000 honeymoon at Little Dix Bay. The official line from the hotel is that they will re-open in mid-February, but one of the BVI papers had the rumor they may not re-open until June. <BR>Does anyone know the true status, and likelihood they will re-open as promised? If I can switch to Caneel Bay at this late date, is that a good substitute? Or are Biras Creek or Peter Island more likely to be fully repaired by March? If nothing works, I have to desperately try to get our plane tickets rebooked. Thanks for your advice to this carribean first-timer!!

Old Jan 19th, 2000, 05:57 AM
pat

My husband and I also have a March vacation scheduled at Little Dix, and we've also heard 'rumors' that it may not be open by then. Does anyone on this forum have some up-to-date information?

Old Jan 19th, 2000, 06:12 PM
antilia

Try posting this message on www.traveltalk.com, section BVI/Travel (not Community). <BR>You'll have no doubt a response or 2 within a day, for it is a very active forum. <BR>Peter <BR>www.antilia.com

Old Jan 20th, 2000, 04:40 PM
Louis

According to Peter Schemalin VP & managing director of Little Dix it is now scheduled to open Feb. 10, 2000. You might try 800-928-3000 which is a number for Little Dix. Also (212)-758-1735 is the number for Gerrard Shlafani-director of sales and marketing who is designated to advise travel agents on the status of Little Dix. If you contact the right people in Rosewood Hotels I am certain that you can get the right information and protection for everything that you have at risk including air if you act nice. Rosewood is a top quality operation. Make certain that you deal with somebody that counts. When you say you have booked that assumes direct. If you are using a travel agent that makes things more difficult. You need to lean on them hard. Depending on their quality this may not do much good since that assume little risk. That is why they want you to buy travel insurance. Under your situation you really don't want your money back.

Old Jan 20th, 2000, 05:00 PM
Louis

After posting this I started thinking that this is an interesting change in our world when people start looking to the internet and rumors for the status of Little Dix rather than a firm of the quality of Rosewood Hotels for information. Frankly, the only thing I would trust on a forum or internet regarding Little Dix is a person that just returned. Then I would want to call them on the phone and talk to them direct. Unless I had a long experience with a travel travel agent in a quality agency -- certainly nothing on the internet -- would I expect them to do anything more than string me along until the last minute. <BR> <BR>Quality travel agents and quality tavel agencies are the same as quality doctors, dentists and lawyers. If you find one, never let them go. They can do wonders for you.

Old Jan 21st, 2000, 07:01 AM
Kathy

I am not aware of the status of the resort opening but I agree calling the resort directly would be best especially if you can't trust yor travel agent; not good! <BR> <BR>I will add that we went to Little Dix for our honeymoon in May, 1997 and loved it. I have also heard great things about Caneel Bay and probably would have gone there if a co-worker wasn't going to be there at the same time. Hope it works out!