Virgin Gorda - Reasonable Rental Options

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been considering a trip in February to Virgin Gorda but am struggling to find nice lodging for what I feel is a reasonable price. It seems that most everything is $300 or more per night and comparing to somewhere like St. John this seems high and beyond my budget. I've seen 2-3 lower priced places off of the forums and am wondering if this is really just the price of everything there or is there another site that I'm missing that I could find less expensive options for someplace that's nice.

In St. John for example there's some great options on HomeAway for rentals around $1800/week during this same time. Is Virgin Gorda really that much more expensive.

I've never been to either island so I'm debating on staying on St. John for 5-7 nights and then going to VG for just a couple of nights due to the cost.

Is this just the norm that this is that much more expensive? If so, it may just be that I need to save up a bit more for a future year or go a little more toward off season.

Thanks!
Old Jan 1st, 2014, 05:45 PM

Not sure what you are looking at in SJ but I do not think it is any less expensive overall than VG- I would even think the opposite. I am not an expert at all but have been to VG and loved it. What are you looking for in the way of accommodations? How many people and what sort of place? I will try to help if i can= details?
Old Jan 1st, 2014, 05:49 PM

http://www.bestofbvi.com/villas_vg_index.htm
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 10:29 AM

I think if you are finding affordable rates on St. John in high season you should go there. Take a day trip to Virgin Gorda, or a one-two night trip as you suggest, to check it out and see if you think it's worth returning for a longer stay. There are far less people on the beaches on VG (except for the Baths) than St. John, and I think you pay a little more for that exclusivity.
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 05:44 PM
Original Poster

Thanks. I'll check out that site you listed. I'm looking for a place just for 2 people. Ideally something near the beach or at least with a beach view that's clean. Just need a 1 bed 1 bath is it.

I like the idea of less crowds in VG and it seems pretty laid back as well which seems ideal to me. In reality I'd likely be good with either place since I've not been to either.

Let me know if anything else comes to mind and thanks for the additional site to look at. Hadn't come across that yet.
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 05:54 AM

For VG, check out Mango Bay (one bedroom garden view or ocean front studios); Guavaberry Spring Bay one bedroom; and Casa Luna (part of the Casa Rocalta villa). Mango Bay is on a longer gorgeous beach while the other two are a short walk to a gorgeous boulder beach. Both have off shore snorkeling.