COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Crabs on the beaches...I am serious!

Old Apr 24th, 2001, 03:22 PM
LadyL

Crabs on the beaches...I am serious!

Message: This may sound stupid, but I am being serious. Are there many crabs on the beaches in Aruba? I really don't care for them....and I mean REALLY don't care for them....so I would like to know. (I don't mean little tenny tiny burrowing sand crabs, but regular size) Thank for any info!

Old Apr 24th, 2001, 10:40 PM
Dan

No, they're not on the beach, but you will find PLENTY in your hotel room, especially directly under your pillow and probably crawling out of your pillow case as well!! But hey -- don't even think about it and you'll be fine!!

Old Apr 25th, 2001, 03:24 AM
gail

Never saw crabs there, but there were lots of lizards. They're harmless.

Old Apr 25th, 2001, 06:54 AM
JanQ

Never saw any crabs on the beach or anywhere in Aruba. There are some iguanas (lizards) around but they are harmless. We were feeding them lettuce from our salad. Aruba was great we loved it and can't wait to go back.

Old Apr 25th, 2001, 06:13 PM
Spencer

I only saw crabs at the "natural pool", on the North coast of Aruba; so if the locals tell you about this secluded spot to float around in, you might want to skip it. (They were not big crabs mind you, I guess some of them measured 3 or 4 inches as I recall.)

Old Apr 28th, 2001, 06:48 PM
ladyL

Thanks to all (except Dan) for the information. I really appreciate it-- and I can't wait to hit the beaches in Aruba!!! (lizards don't bug me at all!)