Cost of Taxi in MoBay

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 01:44 PM
Michael

Cost of Taxi in MoBay

My wife and I are going to Jamaica this fall. We are staying at the Ritz but might like to go out dancing/partying in MoBay a night or two.

Is there taxi service to and from the Ritz, and how much do they generally charge?

Thanks

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 04:15 PM
Penney

The bell hop at the Rizt can arrange transportation for you and I would aks the resort about fares. What ever you do, settle ona fare with the driver before even getting in - they like ti change the charge as you go!

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 03:41 AM
tivertonhouse

Get a guide, not a taximan, for a better,more-inside look at MoBay with
the knowledge that you're in more security. We recommend Carolyn Barrett ([email protected]) to guests;she's licensed,expert,speaks patois -- and knows the runnins, more than you and more than a taximan your bellhop or concierge at the Ritz could arrange. Ask the Ritz -- she also takes many of their guests on private excursions...

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 03:56 AM
Michael

Thanks for the info.

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 04:40 AM
Karen

Hi: they also charge for each individual not one fare for the destination. We went from the cruise terminal to Dr Cave Beach they charge 5.00 each no matter how many in the family. We did arrange to be picked up and he was there for us, surprisingly as other drivers asked if we needed a lift they seemed to know that Frank was coming back for us. Karen