Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Copper & Lumber Store or Barrymore Beach Club?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2000, 08:24 AM
Patrick

I'm going to stay on Antgua in mid-March. I'm considering either the Barrymore Beach Club (it's on the West Coast) or The Copper & Lumber Store, which is in English Harbor. I understand they are different kinds of places, but please give me your thoughts, what are the rooms like, etc. I like the sound of the Copper & Lumber, though I don't think it has a beach. I also heard that the Barrymore lost its small beach in Hurricane Lenny. Thanks.

Old Mar 7th, 2000, 11:02 AM
Brian

They are extremely different properties! Barymore Beach Club gained beach during and after Lenny. If you are interested in sailing go to Copper and Lumber. Otherwise Barrymore Beach Club is your best bet.

Old Mar 8th, 2000, 04:40 AM
rachel

I stayed at Sandals Antigua last week, and we passed the Barrymore on the way to town-- I did not see the rooms, but the outside looked somewhat run down- <BR>Again, that was just from an intial glance. Is it a good deal that you are getting? I would be interested to know.

Old Mar 8th, 2000, 06:58 AM
Brian

Rachel, you are confusing Barymore Hotel with Barrymore Beach Club, Runaway Bay. Barrymore Hotel is on Fort Road in St. John's while Barrymore Beach Club is on the beach-front at Runaway Bay, and is in excellent condition! These is no connection between the 2 hotels.

Old Dec 23rd, 2000, 02:17 PM
anita

I always stay at Copper & Lumber if not sailing and there on a boat. Beautiful old place. Charming, historical. No beach but jump into water taxi just outside and go over yo Galleon Beach.