Condo's/ Villas

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 06:57 AM
Sandra

Condo's/ Villas

Has anyone stayed in the following: Silver Sands Condo/Aqua Bay club/Discovery Point/Christopher Columbus/Anchorage Condos/Victoria House/London House & Grand Caymanian Beach Club & Resort(which is not on SMB, but on the North sound). Looking for any info and reviews would be helpful.<BR>

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 09:38 AM
Scott

Sandra,<BR><BR>There are a couple sites that might be of interest to you that should answer some of your questions. Try: www.wheretostay.com and click on hotels & Resorts tab, then scroll down and enter 'Cayman islands' for the search. This will bring up several listings that you were asking about. It will give the resort details, and also has reviews.<BR><BR>Another good site for GC is www.caribbean-on-line.com You'll have to click on the Cayman Islands on the the map, then click on the travel forum. There, you can do searches with key words, or simply scroll to the bottom for a year or two of archives. I found this site very usefull.

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 11:04 AM
xxx

try www.caymanvacations.com. They have the best descriptions of most Cayman condos I have seen.

Old Feb 23rd, 2002, 09:05 PM
anon

We stayed at the London House last spring and loved it. We also walked past the other condo's you mentioned as well. They all looked nice, but you can't beat the London House's beach and location, both excellent. Also, they had lots of hammocks, both in the sun and shade. They have a large beach area that was almost always empty - even during the peak season. We visited the Grand Caymanian - great rooms and resort, but no real beach. It's man made because the North Sound doesn't have a natural sand beach like 7MB. Hope this helps.

Old Feb 24th, 2002, 07:36 PM
Jodi

Sandra, I've stayed at the Christopher Columbus and I love it. I would highly recommend it. The price is very reasonable compared to other places on the island and the condos are very nice. Clean and roomy. They all come with balconies too. The beach is to die for. The snorkeling is excellent and you only have to go about 10 yards out to see lots of fish. We liked it because it's on the less crowded side of 7 mile beach, but still a short drive to everything else. Go for it!

Old Mar 2nd, 2002, 06:28 PM
Sandra

Thanks to you all for your help. However, I chose the Villas Of The Galleons. So many to pick from it was a hard choice. Looking for anyone who stayed at the Villas of the Galleons. Seems like a good place, sort of in the middle. You can either walk or drive. <BR>Any suggestions will be helpful regarding the area and the villas.