Search

Condo in Caymans

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12th, 2000, 07:02 PM
Maureen

Condo in Caymans

My family of 4 will be going to Grand Cayman on 25Dec for 10 nights and would like to rent a condo from owner...any suggestions? <BR>Also...for those who have experienced GCM...how do you feel about spending more $ to stay on 7MB versus less $ a bit away from the action? Thx for any insight!

Old Jun 17th, 2000, 06:56 PM
DONNY

WE HAVE STAYED AT BOTH. IN TOWN AND RECENTLY ABOUT 45 MINUTES OUT OF TOWN. IT DEPENDS ON THE PERSON. BOTH HAVE ADVANTAGES BUT WE THINK WE PREFER IN TOWN. WE RECCOMEND THE AUQUA BAY CLUB CONDOS IN TOWN. LAST MONTH WE STAYED AT THE ROYAL REEF CONDOS ABOUT 45 MINUTES OUT OF TOWN TOWARDS RUM POINT. WOULD NOT RECCOMEND THE ROYAL REEF HOWEVER IT COULD HAVE BEEN BECAUSE IT HAD JUST OPENED??? WAS IT CLEAN, YES! WAS IT NICE, YES BUT KEEP IN MIND IT IS NEW!!!! THE LAST DAY WE HAD "NO" WATER OF ANY KIND, A LONG FLIGHT HOME FEELING A LITTLE SWEATY AND DIRTY! <BR>IF YOU WOULD LIKE MORE INFO. OR ADVICE FEEL FREE TO E-MAIL US!! GOOD LUCK.

Old Jun 28th, 2000, 05:58 AM
Bob

My family of 5 just got back. We stayed at Discovery Point Club condos on the north end of 7 Mile Beach. The beach was nice and the snorkeling was fun. The condo was clean. Only problem was water pressure for hot water while two showers were going. The Aqua Bay Club was almost next door and looked nice. There is nothing out east. I would recommend staying on 7 Mile Beach and renting a car. <BR> <BR>My kids are 11, 15 and 17 and they enjoyed the Turtle Farm and the blowholes on the east end. Everyone enjoyed snorkeling and diving.

Old Aug 4th, 2000, 01:31 PM
lars39

Try The Coralstone Club on 7 mile beach - very nice - best location on island.

Old Dec 7th, 2000, 09:13 AM
lesbod

a great site is www.vacationspot.com....you type in the location, how many br, baths, etc and where you want to stay (waterfront, town) and it tells you all types of options for condos, homes, villas etc Good luck!

Old Dec 8th, 2000, 12:51 PM
sydney

I would not stay on the east end..your kids would hate it. Compared to 7MB, there is little beach, and a lot of cliffs and rock. The water, in places, is more rough and it's a long drive to everything. 7MB is world famous for it's beauty and worth the $$$. Cut corners elswehere if necessary.