Club Med or OCW?

Old Jun 12th, 2006, 10:06 AM
Original Poster

Club Med or OCW?

My wife and I have tickets to T & C at the end of October. OCW has rooms for $1200 for 7 nights while Club Med has an all inclusive deal for $1960.00. Not sure if Club Med is good deal or will I spend the difference in food staying at OCW?
Old Jun 12th, 2006, 10:48 AM
KVR

We recently returned from T & C. We stayed at the Sibonne. For 8 days/7 nights we spent approximatley $750 on food/drinks and transportation to/from resturants. However, we didn't eat/drink as much as we normally would have if we had stayed AI. $5.00 for a beer didn't go very far.

We are AI people and really wanted to stay at Club Med. Unfortunatley, I listened to the reviews on Trip Advisor and decided to not stay there, which was a mistake for us.

We meet several people who were staying at Club Med and all told me that the hotel was fine, the food was good and the AI was worth it. That the reviews on Trip Asvisor were unfounded. The only complaint I got was none of the rooms had a patio/balcony. They were typical hotel rooms. We are not a room person, so that would have been no issue for us.

We also regretted that we did not rent a car. Just going to/from resturants would have been convenient. Car rentals were approx $250+ for the week, so we couldn't justify it before going. If we had to do it over again, we would have stayed at Club Med and then not needed a car for transportation for resturants.
Old Jun 12th, 2006, 11:07 AM

yalerider, are you a food fanatic, or could care less what you eat on vacation? the reason people don't rave about the food at Club Med or all inclusives at Turks and Caicos is because TC has some of the best restaurants in the Caribbean!!! Of course, they are on the expensive side though. When Trip Advisor compares AI to the restaurants, there is no comparision. The restuarants there are excellent, with cool atmosphere, most on a beach or marina, all outdoors, really good food. Club Med has alright buffets and shared benches to eat. There is nothing wrong with either one, it just depends what you want out of vacation.
Old Jun 12th, 2006, 11:07 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, we don't drink so that is not a problem, but we sure like to eat! The Sibonne looks like the reviews are better than Ocean Club. We just want a quiet vacation to relax.
Old Jun 12th, 2006, 11:15 AM
Original Poster

Thanks blamona, I think we will not stay at an all inclusive. Would you recommend OCW or Sibonne for quiet atmosphere? Sibonne is a little cheaper even with OCW's free night.
Old Jun 12th, 2006, 01:52 PM
KVR

We stayed at the Sibonne and for non-AI it was really nice. Excellant location on Grace Bay. Our room was nice. We got an upgrade to a room with a seperate living area. The hotel is small with 26 rooms, adult oriented, quite and relaxing. Their restuarnt, Bay Bistro, is considered a "fine dining" establisment. The lowest price entree was $25. However, it was an easy walk to the Salt Mills or Ports of Call for other dining choices. They also include a free continental breaksfast, which was more food (bread options) than needed. You can add on an egg or breakfast meat for $2.

I have a detailed review of the Sibonne on this site and over 200 pictures on our picture page if your interested.

http://community.webshots.com/user/kvrlvn
Old Jun 12th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Original Poster

Thanks KVR. Very nice photos. The place looks like what we are looking for except the pool looks small. We most likely will swim in the ocean anyway.
Old Jun 14th, 2006, 02:41 PM
Original Poster

Ended up booking with RWI. Love the pics and reviews on tripadvisor. I'm sure we will be happy with this resort!