Reload this Page >

Ciboney in Ocho Rios Jamaica

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4th, 1998, 05:43 PM
Laurie

We've been to Jamaica quite a number of times, once in Ocho Rios. This time we're considering staying at Ciboney. Just wondered if anyone out there can share their experiences and let me know if that would be a good choice. Thanks!

Old Mar 17th, 1998, 08:28 PM
sheila

We stayed at Cibony in February with a group of
friends. It was our first time to Jamaica but many of
the others have been before and stayed at Cibony. It is a first class resort with all the amenities. If you can afford it get a villa. They were very nice and away from the main house therefore a bit more private. They also have their own pool. The restaurants served fantastic food.
Even the snack bars at the pool had a good selection and good food. Our favourite restaurant was the Italian one on the beach. The golf is included if you are a golfer as well as the transfer fees to the course. They have great entertainment, a beach party, Jamaican night and a disco that goes to the wee hours. Best of all are the people that work there, they are hard working and really friendly. The only drawback to the resort is that it is not directly on the beach. You have to get on a shuttle, but they run every 10 minutes so it was not a problem for us. Some people prefer to have the beach outside their door. Have fun!

Old Mar 21st, 1998, 08:59 AM
Eileen

My husband & I stayed at Ciboney last year for our honeymoon. We are not big Jamaica fans, but if we did go back I would not go back to Ciboney. While the people were nice & there is a big choice in restaurants, we were very bothered with having to wait in 100 degree heat to catch an even hotter bus & cross a busy highway to get to an extremely small beach. I also thought the rooms were very overpriced for what you got. We felt like we were herded honeymoon cows since everyone there had just gotten married too. I know people who have been to Ciboney that do recommend it, & that is why we went in the first place. However, I would choose another place, like the Half - Moon Club & Resort or the San Souci Lido.