Cheap Bahamas Accommodations - Under $50US

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 11:58 AM
Peppy

Cheap Bahamas Accommodations - Under $50US

Why can't I find anything in the Bahamas for under $50US? Traveling in April 2002 and need something clean and safe. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 12:35 PM
Penney

Not sure if Clarion South Ocean is that cheap but worth checking into.

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 01:56 PM
Daniel Williams

If you're going to Nassau, it is not that cheap a destination...I think for $50/night, you'll be able to camp at Srivananda yoga retreat. Budget destinations there are the ones closer to the $100/night range. Good luck. DAN

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 01:59 PM
scubagirl

That's a tough one! Not sure there are ANY hotels in the bahamas under $50. Not even the out islands. In Nassau, you might try "last minute deals" at the Holiday Inn Sunspree or Junkanoo. I got a $58 price in December.
http://www.sixcontinentshotels.com/

Or try the Towne Hotel, which is not by the water, but in town, modest surroudings, but safe. Not sure what their off season prices would be. Or the Park Manor.
Keep in mind, hotel taxes usually add an additional $17-$22 tax per nite, not included in the price.

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 03:03 PM
tweedy

I would doubt you will find anything in the Bahamas that cheap anymore. On several of the outislands you can get good prices off season, but you also have to figure adding in the cost of getting there.

Diamond Holidays does a cheap trip to Grand Bahama in that price range, they call it a "free" trip, it's not and the charges will add up. So if someone says "You just won a free trip", check into it BEFORE you put any money down. The package is a come-on for time shares.

The Bahamas is no longer a cheap destination. There are alot of nice resorts on Nassau and the out islands that are very expensive. Food in the Bahamas is also expensive, since everything has to be shiped in or flown in and that adds to the costs.

You might get intouch with the Bahamas Tourist Board here in NY and find out if there are any camp sites that are available.

Good luck with your search.

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 02:37 PM
Doug

Peppy, the winter months are peak travel season in the Bahamas so it's pretty rare to find accommodations at that price, I can think of 2 places on Eleuthera that can get close to your rate, email me for more infoon places to stay and good airfare deals too....

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 09:41 AM
Vince

Buy a Tent. Vince

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 10:07 AM
Sammy

Grow up BUBBA!

What kind of name is that? I can tell you are an educated person with a good job!

What advise!

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 10:32 AM
sheryl

I just found a rather inexpensive deal from Baltimore to Freeport incl. airfare for about 300.00 for three nights. It's staying at the Bahamia which is undergoing refurbising--still, it' quiet and clean, and fairly nice. I would imagine rooms alone without airfare could be a bargain as well. Look at skyauction.com or vacations4bid