Notices

cheap Aruba

Old Sep 19th, 2004, 08:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cheap Aruba

Am looking for a cheap place for 2 nights until our condo is availabe in Aruba. Will be there Feb 23 - 25. Am looking at the Coconut Inn and Talk of the Town, maybe the Mill. Any suggestions?
Old Sep 20th, 2004, 09:28 AM

Go to www.arubatourism.com/wheretostay/index.html. The low rise hotels and small hotels will be your best bet.
Old Sep 20th, 2004, 02:47 PM

Thanks, I will, but have you any experience with the Sunset Beach Villas or the Sunflower Villas?
Old Sep 20th, 2004, 04:57 PM

Sorry, I have no expeience with Sunset Beach Villas or Sunflower. When I need extra nights, I usually email the resort that I will be staying at and ask for extra nights. Usually the price has been lower than if I just rented. When I was there in November, 2003, the Talk of the Town was closed, but The Mill was open. The Mill might be a good choice. There is a large pool. They have happy hour every night. Nightly dinner specials and close to the beach. Never stayed there but have had drinks and dinner there several times. Try your Condo, see if they will rent you the extra nights at a lower rate.
Old Sep 21st, 2004, 12:18 PM

I stayed at the Mill Resort last year. Very friendly. Rooms are not upscale however were spacious and very clean. Small restaurant and bar onsite. Had fun at bar during day at pool (after the beach of course) and first evening. The beach is directly across the street behind the Wyndam - the Mill has attendants there with chairs specifically for the Mill - it is a the very end of however but easy to get drinks from the Wyndam. Right now the Mill is closed for repairs - not sure when it reopens. I may stay there again this year! For the difference in money, it is worth it. Easy to catch the bus downtown or walk over to the high rises. We were there ten days and hardly spent any time in the room.

Theresa
Old Sep 21st, 2004, 03:59 PM

I didn't try the Mill because I thought they were closed for hurricane damage, but I will try them.
Thank you!
Old Sep 21st, 2004, 04:00 PM

We are staying the Marriott..hopefully we can find less expensive digs for 2 nights!
Thanks,