Search

cheap air to Grenada?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15th, 2000, 01:35 PM
peg

cheap air to Grenada?

Seeking help/tips on least expensive way to get to Grenada from US Midwest in summer. Have seen RT fares from $620 up flying mid-week on major US carriers. does this sound reasonable? Is flying to this area also subject to the obscene increases in airfare usual if flying on weekend? thanks for any help.

Old May 26th, 2000, 09:59 AM
Putnay

Peg: <BR>If you found that fare, grab it. I don't think there is a cheap way to get there. there are only a few carriers going there. I believe American, BWIA, and Air Jamaica are the only carriers from US. I'm paying about that much from Miami. <BR>good luck, <BR>Putnay

Old May 26th, 2000, 10:07 AM
peg

I put this question up months ago and totally forgot about it--surprised to get a reply! thanks for writing. we're now looking at Grenada for next winter. airfares in the $800+ range at this time. At least I know we should expect to pay $650 up... thanks again.

Old May 29th, 2000, 10:52 AM
Noach

You can often do better by getting an air-inclusive package deal.

Old May 29th, 2000, 12:32 PM
Steve

We're going to Grenada in late July, taking a package from a local travel agent. We're staying at the Grenada Grand in a beachfront room. The airfare (American thru Miami/San Juan), hotel (incl. taxes & service charges), and airport transfers are costing us about $1025 per person for 7 nights. There may be a better price out there, but, like others, we found that trying to book flights and hotel separately was a lot more expensive. We chose not to go all-inclusive because we hear & read that there are many interesting restaurants to try.

Old May 31st, 2000, 12:29 PM
Eva

I just booked a trip to Grenada and part of our party is coming from Chicago; the going fare from Chicago is about $850 for Saturday to Saturday travel. However, as we are sailing with the Moorings, the Chicago travelers were able to take advantage of Moorings' bulk rate, which is $722 for the same round trip. The property you are staying at may offer similar rates. Also, check with American Airlines; they often have packages which include air and hotel, and the prices for the package are less than the prices for air and hotel separately. The other airlines that fly to Grenada may offer slightly lower fares (BWIA doesn't fly from the Midwest), but their itineraries are the pits. Air Jamaica has you do several hops, and BWIA has an overnight in Trinidad on the return (to Dulles). So saving a few bucks may not be worth the hassle.

Old Jul 30th, 2000, 04:40 AM
Jim

I don't know how far you are from Toronto, Ontario, Canada but the fare might be worth the drive or flight. contact Canada 3000 which is a large charter airline and flys to Grenada once a week for charters lasting either one week or two weeks. <BR> <BR>The flight is nonstop from Toronto to Grenada and is 5 hours in duration. They use Boeing 757's and Airbus A320's and have a great safety record. The price is CDN $600 rtn. That equates to about US $400. <BR> <BR>You can leave your car at your hotel parking lot if you stay one night in most hotels on the airport strip, and they supply free transport to the airport and back. <BR> <BR>You can book online at http://www.canada3000.ca using a package deal with a hotel or flight only. Your choice. <BR>

Old Aug 1st, 2000, 01:23 PM
peg

Jim -- not real close to Toronto, but that may still be an option. Appreciate the idea. <BR> <BR>And, thanks to everyone else who replied--unfortunately we won't be doing Grenada this year, but eventually.