Reload this Page >

cheap accommodations in ST LUCIA

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31st, 1969, 04:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
LoveItaly, you must be right. I guess not many people read 'other topics'. I'm always on the Europe branch which is very active, as you know, so I didn't realize it's kind of quiet here!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Suze, kind of quiet here, noooo, dead is more like it! See you on the Europe board!.

Why not join a volunteer group? You will be with other (most likely) solo travelers, contributing to great causes, and really learning about the place you are visiting by haveing direct contact with locals. I volunteered for Volunteer Vacations Hawaii this past spring and it was the most amazing travel experience I have ever had. The staff was so friendly and knowledgable, they really made me feel like a part of there "OHANA" or family. I chose to go to hawaii because it is still exotic and in the US. Happy travels.

I am a widow and prefer to pay the single supplement rather than share my room with anyone. I just book the lowest inside instead of the upper with balcony. I'm only in my room to sleep and change so don't miss the window. And, if there is any rocking, lower is better. I've weathered some storms that had others very ill.

I always request traditional dining at a large table. That way, I get to look forward to meeting the same people at dinner. This means I only have the "Where are you from? Where have you travelled? conversation one night. The rest of the evenings, I can look forward to pleasant dinner conversation.

I don't have experience with cruises, but I have been traveling mostly independently for years.
I think there are cruises for singles, and/or you might ask about sharing a room if you are interested in an organized tour.

I understand the rationale behind a penalty for single travelers, but don't agree with it, and prefer to do my own planning. I've never regretted it!

Best of luck to you!
Old Mar 22nd, 2000, 01:20 PM
Bryan

Im planning on heading to ST lucia for a honeymoon in december. Does anyone know of any lower price resorts there? What about the windjammer landing? We dont want to be swarmed or annoyed by a ton of kids, will that be a problem there?

Old Mar 22nd, 2000, 03:20 PM
sheila

Hi Bryan! Friends of our Honeymooned at the Windjammer and were really happy. From what she told me it wasn't exactly cheap. They are young and liked the crowd there. I don't imagine there were many kids. They loved the "Jump Up" Night in town. There are alot of threads to get info if you type in St. Lucia. Congratulations and have fun!