Search

Cayman Islands

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 05:24 PM
GS

Cayman Islands

Does anyone know if there is a place I can rent a bike for two to ride along the beach? How about a the old fashioned cruiser bike? The kind with no speeds that you use your feet to break. Thanks.

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 07:54 AM
jackie

Don't know about the bikes but there is no boardwalk on 7MB. You would have to ride along the road with is very busy.

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 05:25 PM
Jodi

I remember there being bicycle rentals at one of the plazas along 7 mile beach. I know it was the one with Captain Marvins in it. I don't know what kind of bikes they had though .

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 05:59 PM
vvv

Jackie is right. Where are you going to ride a bike along the beach in Cayman? You will be riding on West Bay Road which is an extremely busy and dangerous road. Hardly romantic unless you are intoxicated by the smell of the gas fumes!

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 07:19 PM
anon

I saw a lot of people riding bikes on the East end of the island and it looked like fun. Our resort had them available for free but we didn't have time to use them.

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 03:52 PM
Zoe

Jackie I know what your thinking... we rode bikes all down the beach at Hilton Head and its a blast. I dont know abt Grand Cayman though.