Caribean islands help?

Jan 6th, 2004, 04:05 PM
Original Poster

Caribean islands help?

My husband won 2 tickets (from work) to anywhere in the Caribean....where would you suggest? We have only been to Jamaica and don't want to go again.

I was thinking Aruba, Turks & Caicos and also Anguilla (since I've been reading a lot of positiveson this board).
We just want to relax and take it easy for 7-10 days in Feb/March.
Thanks for your help.
Jan 6th, 2004, 04:06 PM
Original Poster

Also hotel suggestions would be greatly appreciated (4 stars).
Jan 6th, 2004, 04:26 PM

Aruba? It's perfectly FLAT (so are T&C & Anguilla), overcommercialized, and not very pretty. ST BARTS!! Sexy, sophisticated, breathtaking views, pristine beaches, and French dining to die for. More S.France than Caribbean. Just our opinion...
Jan 6th, 2004, 04:36 PM

Corectamundo to above.Check out Isles De France
Jan 7th, 2004, 11:18 AM
Original Poster

Now we have the option of Hawaii (I know it's not in the caribbean but we're allowed to go to North America as well).
Would you pick the caribbean or Hawaii?
Where would you suggest?
Jan 7th, 2004, 11:24 AM

If choosing the Caribbean, the island of Curacao . Very rich culture in the forts and museums. Dutch architecture. There is a floating market. If shopping is a great outing for you, you will enjoy it. The train is a must. We've discovered through our travels that this place really holds our hearts. On the other hand, we are going to Kauai in February. Even though they speak English and it is part of our government, the trees and beaches make you believe you are not really in the US. You may get more rain there and the tempertures may be a bit cooler, but you also aren't dealing in a different currency or other languages. Is flying time important to you?
Jan 7th, 2004, 03:30 PM

I've been to St. Marteen, Anguilla, Bermuda, St. Thomas (only for a day) Aruba and Hawaii. We spent almost 2 weeks in Hawaii for our honeymoon. Granted it was in 1989, but I must say there is nothing like it. I want to go back, but with kids you are limited to summer or school vacation time.

I would choose Hawaii. We loved it so much, it was so scenic. Honalulu did not impress us, we fell in love with Maui and Kaui.

They were so beautiful and we did everything from hanging out on a beach to driving up a mountain and seeing the most beautiful sunrise imaginable.
Jan 8th, 2004, 04:59 PM

I would choose Hawaii, based on more bang for someone else's buck. The airfare is normally more expensive to Hawaii than to the Caribbean.