Caribbean Suggestions 10 Year Anniversary

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2012, 04:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In previous years I have fell in love with both Aruba and Turks & Caicos due to the laid back atmosphere, lack of AI and great resturants within a cab ride distance. I am planning my 10 year anniversary and I am looking for a new island that posesses those traits. I am not a hike in the jungle, zip linning or eco tour kind of person but I love a luxury hotel/condo on the beach with a great beach/pool, clear water and good/great resturants with a laid back atmosphere. Any suggestions?
Old May 3rd, 2012, 05:18 AM

Anguilla fills the bill - this quiet laid back island boasts 35 spectacular white sand beaches and over 80 restaurants, some among the best in the Caribbean. For luxury beachfront resorts check out Cap Juluca or Cuisinart.

If you ant a little more "sophistication" look at St. Bart's. Very nice beach and several very upscale hotels like Eden Roc, Guanahani, Le Toiny, Isle de France. Known as the "paris of the Caribbean" this island is home to so many gourmet restaurants you can have lunch & dinner in a different place everyday for a month and still not visit them all. Plus, there's some excellent high end fashion shopping in Gustavia.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 09:58 AM
KVR

Grand Cayman.

I loved Aruba and Grand Cayman is my second choice. Excellant snorkeling and crystal clear water. 7 Mile Beach is gorgeous and just a cab ride away to Georgetown.
Old May 4th, 2012, 05:56 AM

Agree with the Grand Cayman suggestion (more busy than Turks). Wonderful beach, lots of really good restaurants and many hotels/Condos to choose from.
Anguilla is more quiet and spread out i.e. many wonderful beaches and most hotels are spread out on their own beach. Very diff vibe. And amazing restaurants.
Old May 8th, 2012, 05:29 AM
Original Poster

So I am leaning to Anguilla. Thanks for all of the comments. What is the best place to stay on Anguilla. I have looksed the Viceroy, CusinenArt and Cap Juluca. All seem great. Which has the best beach? Calm, clear water? Closer to resturants? If there are any other hotel recommendations please let me know. Cheers.
Old May 8th, 2012, 09:33 AM

Take a look at the Frangipani as well. It's on the gorgeous Meads Bay beach. Just outside your door is an island favorite, the Straw Hat, which offers free continental breakfast for hotel guests and is also open for lunch and dinner. The Frangpiani is just a short walk down the beach to Blanchard's and Jacala, which are both great dining options. It is also a short drive from Oliver's which is one of my favorite restaurants on the island.
Old May 12th, 2012, 09:26 PM

I would agree with Grand Cayman fitting your criteria perfectly as well as Anguilla and Antigua.

http://best-caribbean-vacations.blog...orts-on-7.html