Reload this Page >

Caribbean Honeymoon recommendations?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26th, 2001, 10:53 AM
Paul

Hi: <BR> <BR>My fiancee and I are getting married in the middle of June. <BR> <BR>She loves the Caribbean, has taken many cruises, but I've never been there. <BR> <BR>Since I'm in charge of the honeymoon plans, I am looking for recommendations. We would like a quiet atomsphere, cottage or villa, and nice beaches. <BR> <BR>Any ideas? Thanks

Old Feb 26th, 2001, 03:22 PM
Ashley

St. Barts- I'm biased. We went on our honeymoon there in May 2000. It's the best of the Caribbean, and she's never been there on a cruise bc. the ships don't go there.

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 01:54 PM
cj

We honeymooned last June at Frenchman's Cay on Tortola. I don't think cruise ships go there. Very quiet, lots of great beaches and good places to eat. the snorkeling is great, especially if you do a catamaran trip (I recommend Patouche II). There aren't any high rises or large resorts, and several of the "hotels" actually have villa-type rooms. You will want to rent a jeep to get around to all the great beaches. <BR>Let me know if you have any specific questions about the BVI. <BR>

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 04:08 PM
Rachel

I have to second the St. Barts recommendation. My husband and I went there for our honeymoon Feb. 2000 and loved it. Very low-key island with beautiful beaches. Not much in terms of nightlife if that is what you are looking for. Some great restaurants, though. We stayed at the St. Bart's Beach Club and Hotel. Loved it. <BR> <BR>Have a great time.

Old Mar 2nd, 2001, 05:57 AM
Eric

I also would recommend St. Barts. We spent our honeymoon there & have been back several times since. Check out Filao Beach hotel. Great location/facilities & reasonable rates.