Reload this Page >

caribbean honeymoon help:august

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 08:42 AM
Lori

we are planning an august honeymoon and need help. any thoughts on choice between;<BR>st lucia<BR>st marten<BR>st johns/st thomas<BR>st barts<BR><BR>bermuda<BR>costa rica<BR>as you can see we cant narrow it down.

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 09:27 AM
CArib Fan

Lori, you are gonna confuse us all with all these posts!<BR><BR>If I were heading to the Caribbean in August, I definitely would consider either Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, Barbados or Grenada. The ABC islands are out of the hurricane belt and Barbados and Grenada are far enough south that a hurricane there would be rare.

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 09:31 AM
Lori

sorry for my overkill. have never used the sight before - and I am loving it.thank you for you advise! can you tell me a little bit more about why you chose the islands you did, with the exception of aruba (we have been there in july)

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 04:33 PM
David

Lori,<BR>I am planning a late sept early oct honeymoon as well. It is a toss b/w Hawaii and souteast caribbean. I am looking to do 11 nights. I can tell you that Barbados is practically out of the hurricane belt and only gets about 5 inches of rain per month from July-December. That is only about 1.5 inches a week. Not bad and very important. plus if it does rain the showers are brief and the sun immediatley dries everything.<BR>Also, Barbados is the most literate island in the West Indies. It gets a lot of European travellers. The west coast is the Platinum coast and it's resorts (Fairmont Royal and Glitter Bay) are top notch. The north is more exclusive and high end. As you go south to Bridgetown, it is more reasonable and lots of dining options. Barbados offers beautiful exclusive beach front accomodations to the north west coast and nightlife to the south. YOu can do it all in Barbados.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 05:12 AM
Lois

I think of the choices you suggested that Bermuda would be your best bet -- it's gorgeous and absolutely no poverty. However, in August it's their peak season, so you would be paying the highest for hotel, etc. compared to the Caribbean which is at least 35% cheaper then as it is their "low season."<BR><BR>Barbados mentioned above is a wonderful option in the Caribbean. We just completed our 15th trip. It has it all. Wonderful accommodations, fantastic restaurants -- lots of spectacular settings & gourmet foods (altho local cuisine is plentiful also). There's lots of exploring to be done on its 167 sq. miles and the beaches are beautiful.<BR><BR>If you decide on Barbados and want more specifics, please write me directly.<BR><BR>Lois