Reload this Page >

Caribbean family vacation in July

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24th, 1999, 11:44 AM
Anders

We are a norwegian 4 person family with kids ages 3 and 8. We are looking for a friendly tropical island to spend a week from July 20th, 7 nights. We are interested in snorkeling, beachlife and a little bit of nightlife. Beaschfront lodgings would be perfect. We think that the island should on the small side. Can you help us with tips on how to make this happen on a budget of $3000 - 3500 when airfare from Orlando, food, drink and lodgings are paid for.

Old Jun 24th, 1999, 12:14 PM
Lori

I would suggest Grand Cayman. Although, it is an expensive island for food, etc. it still can be done affordably for a family. Rent a condo right on 7 mile beach (which some will say is the most beautiful beach in the caribbean). By renting a condo you can save $$$ by buying your own breakfast & snack food and even the occasional dinner. Grand Cayman does have a choice of fast food restaurtants and a great choice of moderater to expensive restaurants. <BR> <BR>The Cayman Islands are know, for the snorkelling and diving. If beach and snorkelling is what your looking then this may be a good choice for you. <BR> <BR>Check out: <BR> <BR>www.desintation.ky <BR>www.where2stay.com <BR>www.caymanislands.ky (Dept. of Tourism site) <BR> <BR>Have fun whereever you go!!! <BR> <BR>Lori

Old Jun 24th, 1999, 01:26 PM
Amy

I would suggest Aruba...and here's a website for great package rates: <BR> <BR>http://www.travelunlimited.com

Old Jun 25th, 1999, 05:59 PM
Gilligan

Hi folks, <BR> <BR>Can I suggest Boscobel Beach in Jamaica. <BR>It's an all inclusive SuperClubs resort <BR>where children under 14 are free. <BR> <BR>Surf the web for more info. Positive notes seem to outnumber negative ones <BR>by about a 20 to 1 ratio. I've personally never been there, but my wife and two daughters are going from the 11th through the 18th. <BR> <BR>Wherever you end up, best of luck. <BR>

Old Jun 25th, 1999, 06:52 PM
Anna

The BAHAMAS -Nassau in particular.We went in March with our 2 year old & loved it. We stayed at the Nassau Marriott which has a childrens program during the day & evening babysitting available for a fee. It is located right on the beach & has something to offer for everyone. Prices were very reasonable in March. This time of year would be a steal.

Old Jun 28th, 1999, 04:01 PM
Pat

Try Beaches Turks and Caicos. Just got back with our 8 year old. Very very safe for kids, good kids program (beach trips, treasure hunts, costume parties, parades, karaoke, water slides). Our daughter loved it and often didn't want to be with us. Great beach, hotel rooms very adequate. Two adult pools. Can't talk much about nightlife but they do have nightly entertainment (satisfactory but not exciting, but there were kids there). Disco at night which we didn't go to. Wonderful snorkelling and I highly recommend the side trips (we got to see Jo Jo twice). Five resteraunts, great kids restraunt, the other resteraunts were ok but not gourmet (as advertised). Some Europeans there but a lot of New Yorkers. Nurse on duty, great massages. No hustlers trying to sell anything. People we spoke to also recommended Boscobel Beach. It's not for everyone but for families I think it is a good value, and very very safe. Good luck!