Cap Juluca Anguilla or Marriott Aruba?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2005, 01:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please help me decide on where I should go. I am a Aruba-lover. I have heard nothing but good reports on Anguilla. I like luxury style resorts with clean comfortable rooms. I am looking for a nice beach, resort with comfortable accomodations, good affordable restaurants and maybe some shopping.
Old Jan 16th, 2005, 05:17 PM

You really cant compare them ....Aruba has "mass appeal",Anguilla is more upscale with a very hip cool vibe.Personally Aruba bored me..with the exception of a couple of good dinners it was all very average..Anguilla is on another level.
Old Jan 16th, 2005, 10:11 PM

I agree totally with Capri. Been to both, Aruba is without a doubt mass tourism! Horrible place. Anguilla you will find pristine beaches and as Capri mentioned a far more upscale and remote atmosphere. Aruba's only redeeming quality its is restaurants, should you pick the good ones. However, Anguilla much the same and may rival that moreover. Go to Anguilla, and please report back! Have an excellent trip!
Old Jan 17th, 2005, 03:40 AM

I have been to Aruba and am going to Anguilla this week. Just from the research...
they seem like night and day......

Both in regards to the island and the hotel.

If I were you, I would go to Anguilla....but this all depends on what type of trip you are looking for.....I would definately call the Marriot in Aruba "comfortable' not luxury.
The only thing Aruba may have over Anguilla is shopping.....but you can always take a day trip to St. Martin. Good luck
Old Jan 17th, 2005, 05:19 AM

I have been to Aruba 3 times and Anguilla 3 times. I agree with the others, there is no comparison. When I travel with my teenage sons, I choose Aruba because there is more action and they can get around the island without a car. When I go with my husband, I wouldn't consider anywhere but Anguilla. Also, each time I went to Aruba I stayed at a different hotel so I got to experience the Marriott, the Hyatt and the Radisson. The Marriott was my least favorite, although others might disagree. I would check out the Radisson; the price compares favorably and the location is better. If you can swing Anguilla though, you will not be sorry. It really has it all - great beaches, luxurious hotels and wonderful restaurants(although expensive. Enjoy!