Search

Brig Unicorn Opinions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15th, 2001, 01:08 PM
shawn

Brig Unicorn Opinions

Could someone give me highlights/descriptions of both the daytime cruise and sunset cruise on the Brig Unicorn. Definitely want to do one, just not sure which.

Old Aug 16th, 2001, 03:58 AM
Kay

Hi Shawn: <BR> <BR>When my husband and I were in St. Lucia for our honeymoon we did the sunset cruise on the brig unicorn. It lasted about 2 hours, just the right amount of time. We sailed form Castries up to Rodney Bay where the Hyatt is and turned and headed back to Castries. They served champagyne and orderves. the sun set out over the water and it was beautiful. I think the cost was $45 per person. The other tour they dod is an all day trip down to the south part of the island with some excursions included. If you are not staying in the south you might want to do the all day tour as you get to see the Pitons from the water, a spectacular sight. I belive drinks and lunch are included as well as the price of the excursions. We did not take that one as we had been staying at the south end and had seen all that already. <BR> <BR>YOu can read my full trip report and see pictures of the Brig UNicorn at www.seashelltravel.com

Old Aug 16th, 2001, 06:41 AM
Alex

Shawn, <BR> <BR>Can only give a description on the sunset cruise - we did it on our honeymoon last May. Probably the best $40 (per person) I've ever spent. As Kay mentioned, if you're only staying in the North, the all day may be better so you can see the South end of the island. We stayed in the South the first half of our trip. The sunset cruise included: champagne, rum punches, appetizers, steel drum band. It was one of the highlights of our trip. <BR> <BR>Hope this helps.

Old Aug 16th, 2001, 08:07 AM
Shawn

Thanks to you both - what time does the sunset cruise depart? I'm trying to figure the best way to spend the day up north - we're staying at Ladera. Since it sounds like such a long drive and we're only there 7 nights I don't know that we want to drive up there more than once. Do water taxis go up there? We want to see Marigot Bay (maybe lunch there), hike around Pigeon Island, dinner at the ruins there, and do the cruise. What's the best way to get all that in?

Old Aug 16th, 2001, 08:13 AM
Mary

I wish we would have known about the day cruise. We stayed in the north and I think the other posters are right about taking advantage of this excursion to visit the south including some snorkeling. I’ve heard that the day cruise is a bit more rowdier with partiers than the sunset cruise but maybe someone who has done that can confirm. However, we also did the sunset cruise which was wonderful. I agree with the above poster that it was probably the best $40 we ever spent. It did get a little rowdy, probably because they helped us celebrate our recent wedding nuptials with champagne, rum punch, flowers, a poem, pictures, dancing, etc. The staff was truly excellent!! Actually, now that I think about it, the extent of the rowdiness partly depends on the type of crowd and what you make of it, not just what the excursion has to offer.

Old Aug 17th, 2001, 04:05 AM
Kay

Hi Shawn: <BR> <BR>A water taxi is a great way to see the coast line as you go up north. I think we were told it would be $120 to take a water taxi up north. We rented a jeep for our stay sowe drove up. <BR> <BR>To get in all you want to you might check into a excursion that includes all you want to do. The office at ladera can help you. You can also make arrangements with a local taxi driver for all you want to do. He can drive you back down after dark. WE stopped at Marigot Bay and it is really pretty. Pigon Island is also great fun and not to be missed. <BR> <BR>Let me know if you ahve any more questions.

Old Aug 17th, 2001, 09:08 AM
Alex

Shawn, <BR> <BR>The sunset cruise departs either at 5pm or 6pm. <BR> <BR>We stayed at Ladera as well - you'll love it. <BR> <BR>Although it's an all-inclusive resort, look into dinner reservations at TAO. It's one of the restaurants at Le Sport - best food on the island, we thought. It's within a mile of Pigeon Island on the water. The restaurant is described on their website (www.lesport.com.lc). <BR> <BR>Alex

Old Aug 17th, 2001, 09:59 AM
Shawn

Thanks again - leaning toward the sunset cruise. April can't get here too soon!