Reload this Page >

Breezes MoBay or Runaway Bay

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2000, 06:52 AM
Tori

Help! I am getting so many different views on the 2 breezes and our final decision has to be made by the 19th. My husband and I are going with another couple and they left it up to us. We originally planned on MoBay, but are having second thoughts. I liked the idea of being so close to the airport and within walking distance of shops, but I am hearing the rooms are terrible and there isn't much night life. If you have been recently please let me know. Thanks for your help

Old May 16th, 2000, 02:21 PM
stephanie

I have stayed at Runaway Bay twice and it was really nice. The food wasn't too great, but everything else was exceptional. I have heard some bad things about MoBay. I think both Funjet and mlt vacations are having specials to Runaway Bay

Old May 25th, 2000, 02:45 PM
Rich

If the Breezes at Runaway Bay is the one with the golf course, then I can assure you of a wonderful time. My wife and I spent our 25th Wedding Anniversary there a couple years ago. The rooms were nothing fancy, though very comfortable. The food was great. The staff and activities were wonderful. Its the only time we have been away that she has not wanted to come home before scheduled. In fact, we are returning in the spring with our best friends. I think there are a number of much fancier resorts...though you pay for alot of stuff you never use that much. But our experience was one we hope to repeat.

Old Sep 15th, 2000, 09:15 AM
Helen

We just got back from Breezes MoBay. <BR>Don't go! No night life, food wasn't that good. The resort overall thisn't that nice.Not worth the price.

Old Sep 17th, 2000, 08:41 PM
Babs

Don't know specifically about breezes - but when we did Jamaica (10 years ago), we stayed at the Sans Souci. It was wonderful. I understand that Superclubs took it over since then, so who knows now... Anyway, the location (right near Runaway Bay) was convenient to do day trips to Port Antonio, Dunns river, rafting down the Rio Grande. Stay away from the white river tour though - drag - smelled like boat fuel the whole trip - ickkky. Have fun - eat the jerk pork!