Search

Bora Bora/Hawaii

Search this Thread

Old May 16th, 2002, 05:05 PM
rea

Bora Bora/Hawaii

My husband and I are planning our anniversay and would like to plan a trip top somewhere romantic and exotic.<BR>We have been to the carribean and loved it and are now investigating Hawaii and or Bora Bora. We are planning 10 weeks in Mid December. WOuld love to hear about the weather and experiences at either of these wonderful locations. <BR>Just wondering how the climates and beaches during this season?<BR>Any top notch resorts???

Old May 16th, 2002, 05:06 PM
rea

Sorry....some typos....10 days not 10 weeks...I wish ...sorry

Old May 16th, 2002, 05:17 PM
jane

Rea,<BR>You may have more luck posting this question in the Pacific forum. This is a caribbean forum after all and the last time I looked at a map, neither Bora Bora, nor Hawaii were in the Caribbean.<BR>

Old May 16th, 2002, 05:30 PM
rea

yes, you are correct, I figured that many people that go to the Caribbean still travel in other areas as well.<BR>Thank you for your advice.

Old May 16th, 2002, 06:30 PM
anon

I suggest you also consider Fiji Many great resorts to choose from. We went to Matangi Island (www.matangiisland.com).<BR><BR>Good luck and congrats!<BR>

Old May 16th, 2002, 08:12 PM
freewoman

Rea ---<BR><BR>You are correct that some of us who go regularly to the Caribbean also go elsewhere. I have been to Hawaii and Moorea (not Bora Bora, but would think the weather would be the same as they are not that far apart).<BR><BR>I found the weather in Hawaii about the same in December as in July, but the water a little rougher in December.<BR><BR>We went to Moorea in June which was their winter. It was wonderful. Hot and dry. I understand their summer, which is our winter, is hotter and wetter. Don't think I would like to go there in December. If it is hotter and more humid then, it might be a little uncomfortable as there is not much air conditioning. But, we did love Moorea and thought it was a very quaint and beautiful island. I would definitely return, but would stay longer the next time as a week is not long enough considering the travel time to get there. I will say that Moorea was probably the most romantic place I have been.

Old May 17th, 2002, 07:25 AM
Amy

For other exotic destinations, the weather is wonderful in Australia (see Frasier Island) and Phuket Island, Thailand in December. Asian Affairs Holidays has packages with Singapore Airlines for Asia. <BR>My stepdaughter and her husband went to South Africa last September on their honeymoon (City of the Sun, safari, etc.) and they said it was absolutely fabulous. <BR>Hawaii is nice but weather in December can be sometimes nice and sometimes rainy. Mauna Kea Resort on the Big Island is on one of the best beaches in Hawaii. Poipu area in Kaui is on the sunny side--excellent beaches.<BR>Bora-Bora can be hot and steamy. Good luck.