Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Biras Creek and Cap Jaluca:Can you get a better deal by going through a travel agent?

Search

Biras Creek and Cap Jaluca:Can you get a better deal by going through a travel agent?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 04:35 AM
jen

My fiance and I are currently deciding between Biras Creek and Cap Jaluca for our small wedding/honeymoon. Should we expect to pay the rates posted on the websites or can travel agents generally get better deals? We've had a tough time finding travel agents who are familiar with these resorts. We are also wondering what the best way to get to Anguilla is. We have a small group of family and friends coming and we would like to present the most cost effective options to them. Any help would be appreciated!!!

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 05:04 AM
Sally

A travel agent will most likely be able to get you a better rate and they can negotiate with the hotels depending on your group size. They know the ins and outs but find one that specializes in groups and weddingmoons. I would recommend my travel agent (we had a destination wedding and they were great) but it seems some people on this board take offense at that. Good Luck!

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 05:17 AM
Karen

If you are aol, go to the Anguilla travel board and there is an agent there who works with Classic Caribbean Vacations and can work up a good package price for Cap Juluca including air. I have also seen an ad in the NYTimes Travel Section, a wholesaler who puts together packages to Biras including an upgrade in air. If I can help more, let me know. Sometimes the hotels do negotiate if it is a group but the higher end resorts are less likely to do so. <BR>There are two ways to Anguilla. One is to fly into SJU and then AEagle to AXA or you can fly into SXM *St.Martin and either ferry or fly to AXA from there. You can check aa.com for the schedules and what works best for you and your guests.

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 08:12 AM
Nicole

Been to Cap Juluca and I would recommend flying into St Martin and taking a ferry over. You'll get to see abit of St. Martin and the ferry over is fun, a bit rough though. Plus you don't have to deal w/ changing planes.Cap Juluca is the best place in the world. it;s so romantic and perfect fr a small wedding. Use a travel agent, any top of the line person should be familiar w/ these places. Enjoy

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 06:31 PM
Andrew

My wife and I had our honeymoon at CJ. The key benefit the travel agent secured for us was an upgrade of the room. We paid for the least expensive room and the travel agent got us a 2 level upgrade. <BR> <BR>...and by the way, it was absolutely amazing.