Reload this Page >

Best Place to Stay on Eleuthera?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 11:52 AM
Alyssa

My fiance and I will be getting married next month in Nassau, Bahamas with about 65 guests. We will then be heading to Atlantis on Paradise Island for first two nights of honeymoon...then to the Dunmore Beach Club on Harbor Island for the last 5 nights. We are now thinking about forgetting the Atlantis and staying somewhere on Eleuthera for the first two nights...because my fiancee wants to surf. The only two places I found that look decent are The Rainbow Inn and The Cove Eleuthera. Can anyone let me know if either of these places are somewhat romantic, or know of any other places that would be nice? <BR>

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 12:08 PM
Terry

Dear Alyssa, for a secluded and comfortable cottage, stay at Cartwright's Ocean Front Cottages in Tarpum Bay, Eleuthera. You will have a most enjoyable vacation and the best part about the cottages is that they are only a few feet away from the water. They can help you with planning yourperfect homeymoon trip at [email protected]. Enjoy!

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 01:48 PM
Eva

Alyssa, <BR> <BR>My husband and I stayed at the Rainbow Inn several years ago, and we still think of it as the place that made us fall in love with the islands -- it was the owner of the Rainbow Inn, Ken Keene, who introduced us to the concept of "Island Time" and helped us learn how to slow our big city selves down and enjoy life on a remote island. <BR> <BR>Just so you know, the Rainbow Inn is NOT on the beach, though it is on the water. It is within walking distance of a twin crescent beach on the sea side. The surfing beach is probably a drive away, and I don't know that there are any accomodations close to it. I think some Rainbow Inn packages include rental car, and we had a car for the entire time of our stay. <BR> <BR>As for the Rainbow Inn, it is fairly basic, but we loved it -- I understand that it has been remodeled/updated since Floyd. We had a small octagonal unit with kitchenette with a water view. There is a nice pool, and we loved the restaurant, eating most of our meals on site and hanging out at the bar. Whether the Rainbow Inn is romantic or not is a matter of opinion. We loved the feeling of having gotten away from it all, of not having to lock our doors (no keys! -- at least when we went), of being by the sea and having access to endless miles of spectacular Atlantic Ocean beaches and not encountering a single soul. But, it is definitely not a luxurious or opulent spot. <BR> <BR>Feel free to drop me a note if you have any specific questions. <BR> <BR>Congratulations on your upcoming marriage. <BR> <BR>

Old Mar 14th, 2001, 03:40 AM
joan

Alyssa: <BR>There is really no resort on Eleuthera to compare with Atlantis or Dunmore. We have been several times, we always rent a villa. Why don't you consider extending your Dunmore stay those extra nights? You can't beat Harbour Island for romantic ambience. One or two days, you could take the water taxi over to the mainland and either rent a car or take a taxi to Surfer's Beach in Gregory town. I THINK he could rent a board for a couple of hours and get it out of his system (I too am married to a surf rat!). Have a lovely wedding and a wonderful life! <BR> <BR>Joan