Reload this Page >

best diving in caribbean

Search

best diving in caribbean

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 06:41 AM
jan

best diving in caribbean

Could you please suggest some places for great diving combined with great resorts?<BR><BR>We just came back from Jalouisie Hilton @St. Lucia and would like to go somewhere comparable?? Any suggestions?

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 07:11 AM
Nancy

Hi Jan,<BR>We have been to St. Lucia also, and the only place I've been I feel surpasses it for diving is Cozumel. We stay at the Intercontinental Presidente. <BR>The hotel is right on the beach and has wonderful snorkeling right in front of the rooms. There are plenty of opportunities to do shore reef dives or great reef dives a very short boat ride from shore. The hotel has its own dive center. It is a little more casual than the Jalousie Hilton, but is very nice. They have Reef Rooms that are huge and literally steps from the beach/water. <BR>I had never done any drift diving until we first went to Cozumel nine years ago. It's a lot of fun. We go every year for two weeks and never get bored.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 07:34 AM
Barbara

some of the very best diving in the Caribbean is in Bonaire

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 07:44 AM
Statia

Another great place for diving is Saba, but they don't have big resorts...it's a smaller, quiet island.<BR><BR>

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 07:50 AM
Ted

The Cayman Islands offer spectacular diving. <BR><BR>Little Cayman and Cayman Brac cater only to divers -- there's nothing else to do on these two tiny islands. <BR><BR>Grand Cayman's best diving is off its East End, and topside the island has many great restaurants, resorts and diversions. The island is very conservative and British.<BR>

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 03:22 PM
Rene

Hello Jan,<BR><BR>I have been diving in Curacao, Bonaire, Saba, St. Maarten and Guadeloupe.<BR>What me impressed me most were Saba and Bonaire. <BR><BR>Saba is the more spectacular diving site. You can go pretty deep(120 feet) with a fairly big chance of seeing sharks. A lot of spectacular dives. For the more experienced diver.<BR><BR>If you have your own diving gear, I think Bonaire is better. The dive sites are easy to reach by swimming from the beach. There are a lot of dive sites, so you can do al ot of dives. Bonaire has a very good resort also.<BR><BR>If you have more questions please ask.<BR><BR>Good luck with your choice