Best Beach of Aruba?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22nd, 2006, 11:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Beach of Aruba?

Hi All....
What is the nicest beach in Aruba?
What is one place that's still undiscovered in Aruba?

Thanks,
Sergey
Old Sep 22nd, 2006, 11:33 AM

At the risk of making a comment in *extremely* poor taste, I'd say that the location of poor Ms. Holloway's body is the only undiscovered place in Aruba.

All crassness aside, Aruba is extremely developed. The north coast is apparently quite rugged, but I don't know if there are any places to stay there other than local residences.

Most opinions are divided evenly divided between Eagle and Palm Beaches as being the best. A few folks raise their voices in favor of Baby Beach.

If you tell us more about what you're looking for, we can better advise you based on what "nicest" and "undiscovered" mean to you in this context.
Old Sep 23rd, 2006, 08:31 AM

Sadly, Aruba is extremely developed and very touristy and commercialized now. It is a very small island and is only 19.6 miles long x 6 miles wide, so I don't think you will find a undiscovered beach that is safe to swim in the ocean. To me the beaches reminded me of being on a beach in the U.S. with high rises (especially Palm Beach) and with American restaurants and fast food chains nearby and we were surprised at how much litter and was on their beaches in comparison to other islands. Baby Beach is nice, although it it isn't undiscovered, but it has a view of a oil refinery on one side. The north coast is rugged, but it is advised not to swim there because it is very dangerous with very strong under currents.
Old Sep 24th, 2006, 10:59 AM

We spent most of our time at a beach near Malmok, which is in a nice residential area. The beach is small and sandy with few people, mostly Dutch. Snorkelling was quite good too.
We didn't have the feeling of over development or too touristy as we didn't stay around the hotels very much.
Old Sep 24th, 2006, 12:51 PM

Hi Sergey - we've stayed on Palm Beach, Eagle Beach and most recently downtown at the Renaissance Ocean Suites where their beach was a private island you got to via water taxi. We loved the private island but it wasn't ideal. Palm Beach was great but it is somewhat crowded. I would recommend Eagle Beach, in the Costa Linda/Casa del Mar area, as being the "best" resort beach in Aruba. Baby Beach really didn't do much for us but the rough side of the island (there are no resorts in that area) is worth a jeep ride.
Old Sep 24th, 2006, 01:24 PM

ejcrowe - that was very, very funny - really made me laugh... but I won't go into it any further....!
Aaaanyway - the most beautiful beach in Aruba is definitely Eagle Beach IMO - so big it feels like you're all by yourself even when it's 'busy'. Now if the government could put a stop to all those jetski concessions - oh well, one can always dream...
Old Sep 25th, 2006, 06:21 AM

Out by the lighthouse there is a very nice beach, I think its Arashi. There's little huts there that you can hang out in for shade and some pretty good snorkeling. We saw flounders and different things. Very nice beach. Besides a parking lot, not very developed at all.

Peace, Greenie.
Old Sep 28th, 2006, 01:22 PM

SShprints,

How did you like BCN? I was hoping that you would post your adventures. Did you go to Cadeques? I went to Figueres but did not have enough time for Cadeques
Old Sep 30th, 2006, 12:34 AM

Natasha - I think you wound up in the wrong thread somehow! The places you mention (I haven't heard of any of them, BTW) have nothing to do with Aruba.
Old Sep 30th, 2006, 05:50 AM

I think Natasha mistakenly posted here instead of Spain on the European forum.
Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 08:43 AM
Original Poster

No actualy I just came back from Barcelona and me and Natasha were discussing the trip prior to my departure
Old Nov 30th, 2006, 09:26 AM

We liked Baby Beach precisely because it is way less developed. The ability to see the refinery over a ways off is not a big deal at all. The north side is worth a drive along to see the rugged shores and big waves, but if you swim there I doubt if you will make it out alive!

Be sure to rent a 4 wheel drive SUV or a JEEP for the drive so you can drive around the complete island. Normal car will require some back tracking and add to your travel time.

Old Nov 30th, 2006, 02:12 PM

We've been to Aruba three times. I prefer Eagle beach but we've been to all. I especially adore the more uninhabited side of the island and there are some places you can park and hike down to very small private beach areas. Someone told us about baby beach and we sought it out the first year - was nice but not my favorite. I have great pics from the natural side and even hired a photographer last year to do our family photos there. She did them on two beaches, the lighthouse, the dunes and the rocks by the dunes - we love them. We also go peak Season - Xmas to after New Years. Palm Beach I found to be far too crowded during that time period for my personal taste. Eagle Beach behind Bucuti is quite lovely and not crowded.

T