Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Best beach at a Negril all-inclusive resort?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8th, 2001, 07:25 AM
Cheryl

I might be looking into a quick beach get-a-way over the holidays at one of the all inclusive resorts in Jamaica - Negril for the beach I've heard is great. Which all-inclusive resort offers the nicest stretch of beach by that particular resort? (Also, would be going with my husband, both early 40s ... so if it's a toss up between resorts, which one has a more varied crowd in terms of age ranges?) Thanks.

Old Nov 8th, 2001, 12:07 PM
ohliz

Couples/Swept Away is on the main 7 mile beach, which is public. Much better nightlife, easy to walk down to bars, restaurants, live music, etc. Nice beach but busier.<BR><BR>Riu Tropical ay and Couples are on Bloody Bay which in pure beach terms is probably the prettiest in Jamaica. You'll have to take taxis to do anything off the resort though.<BR><BR>Sandals and Beaches are at the very northern end of Long Bay. Hedo (next to Sandal) and Point Village are on Rutland Point which separates Long Bay (the 7 mile beach) from Bloody Bay.<BR><BR>Here's a map: <BR><BR>http://www.maherconsulting.com/negril/negrilmap.htm<BR><BR>Riu is too new to be on it but it is just north of Couples.<BR><BR>I haven't stayed at any of them, we prefer the little hotels/cottages, so I'm not sure what the crowds are like other than what they advertise - athletic folks at Swept Away, couples only at Sandals, families at Beaches and Riu, singles and couples at Hedo.<BR><BR Liz

Old Nov 8th, 2001, 01:19 PM
Penney

Grand Lido NEgril has a wonderful beach.

Old Nov 8th, 2001, 01:39 PM
Kim

Sandals Negril!!!!

Old Nov 8th, 2001, 03:50 PM
Melissa

I stayed at beaches and it had families but I also found a lot of adults of all ages (at least when I was there) the beach was amazing

Old Nov 14th, 2001, 11:38 AM
Norma

I stayed at RUI Tropcial Bay in Aug and had a great time. The beach is one of the best in the world. They are on Bloody Bay, just north of the 7 mile beach and not as crowed. You still can take a cab any were you may want to go or go on any of the day trips they have from the resort. the crowd is varied in all ways. Some families, singles and couples. Ages from 5 to 60. You have a main dining room along with a gormet resturant. I do suggest you fly to Negril, the road is the pits. We took the bus there and flew back. well worth the $60 each.

Old Nov 25th, 2001, 10:18 AM
PAM

THE stretch of beach in Negril where the RIU, Couples and Grand Lido Negril resorts lie is the best!