Bermuda Weekend Cruise to King's Wharf

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are cruising into Kings Wharf, Bermuda on May 31st. . It will be on a weekend..from Saturday at 11:30am until Sunday at 5:00pm. We would like to go to St. George and also snorkel at least once. I read the ferry doesn't go to St. George on the weekend. Does anyone know if this is true? If so, what are my other effecient ways to get to St George? Does anyone know of a place to take a snorkel excursion or would renting a boat be recommended. Thanks.
Old Mar 30th, 2012, 08:44 AM

You could snorkel at the Dockyard (where King's Wharf is located) at Snorkel Park. Also, you could book a snorkel excursion with Fantasea Bermuda. They have a booth at the Dockyard.
http://www.fantasea.bm/snorkeling/

Regarding St. George's - it is true that there is no ferry from the Dockyard to St. George's on the weekend. You might look into whether the cruise has a excurion to St. George's or you could take a ferry to Hamilton and a bus to St. George's. With so little time in Bermuda I would not choose the ferry / bus alternative...too much time.
Old Mar 30th, 2012, 12:40 PM

Do you have snorkel equipment? Do you need a tour setting, where you join a group and go out on a boat, or are you willing and able to set off on your own? ( Can I please recommend the latter?)
If it's A, there are options leaving straight out of Dockyard (Kings Wharf) -you can book through your cruise or on your own. If it's B, pack a day-bag, towel, snorkel and hop on bus #7 towards Hamilton, ask the driver to let you off at Church Bay, walk down to the beach and enjoy a much less crowded experience. When you're done, just walk back up the steps and hop the bus back to your ship. (in dry clothes only - no wet swimsuits on board!)

I think if you really want to see St George's, it's completely reasonable. Quickest option would be ferry to Hamilton (as early as you can), walk to the the bus terminal, bus # 11 direct to St George's (nice ride along the island's north shore to boot). A few hours walking around, lunch, reverse trip back to the ship. Make sure to see the Unfinished Church. Or even take a break when you get back to Hamilton to see a little of that town as well, before returning to the ship. Please, if you do have time in Hamilton, stop in at Tribe Road Kitchen for a treat, lunch, coffee, and tell Karsten hello for me.

Hope that helps - enjoy your trip!!

A
Old Mar 31st, 2012, 12:17 PM

if you need a taxi - let me know....my brother in law is a driver
Old Apr 1st, 2012, 07:13 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all for your tips and website information. bhonoreh.. do you know how much the taxi ride would cost from Hamilton or Kings Wharf for 5 persons?
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 08:39 AM

to st george? I can ask for you - or give you his number
Old Apr 24th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Original Poster

I have a snorkel trip planned for Sunday. Does the ferry not run on Saturday either to St. George? I would like to go to St George and Hamilton on Saturday. I saw there were different ferry routes you could take to Hamilton. Any recommendations?