Bermuda- place to inline skate?

Old Aug 9th, 2000, 09:36 AM
Rosemary

Bermuda- place to inline skate?

I'm going to Bermuda on a cruise in late August. I'd love to bring my skates. Is there any place close enough to Hamilton? Suspect the streets are too busy... any bike paths?

Old Aug 9th, 2000, 10:14 AM
Deanne

The streets are extremely narrow and only wide enough to fit the traffic. There are no bike paths, with the exception of the Railway Trail (which I suspect is not paved, but I'm not certain of that). Front Street in Hamilton would be about the only place but it wouldn't be a very long skate. I haven't been to Bermuda since 1998 so perhaps some things have changed a bit, but my overall opinion is that it wouldn't be the best place to inline skate.

Old Aug 9th, 2000, 11:09 AM
Sandra

I tend to agree with Deanne. The only area I know that you could even remotely inline skate is at the Dockyards -- the extreme northwest tip of the island which is accessible from Hamilton by ferry. Bermuda is not an inline skate kind of place. The bike paths are actually not paved.

Old Aug 9th, 2000, 11:18 AM
Rosemary

Thanks for the input. I haven't been to Bermuda in almost 10 yrs and just couldn't remember anything like a bike path. I'll have to eat less and swim more!

Old Aug 12th, 2000, 10:10 AM
anon

<BR>Bermuda is all up & down, up & down. Pack your hiking shoes instead of skates. You'll burn plenty of calories, believe me! There are lots of trails marked on Bermuda maps.