Bermuda - Once Upon A Table

Old Jun 2nd, 1997, 09:50 AM
bw

Bermuda - Once Upon A Table

Just returned from a week's visit to Bermuda and we loved it. The only negative was our meal at Once Upon A Table. Not good at all - service was poor and food was average. Very disappointing for my husband who had been there in 1985 and thought it was excellent. What are others' thoughts on this restaurant? We went there the third week of May, 1997 and got the feeling they were operating under new management. Very disappointing for such a highly acclaimed restaurant.

Old Jun 6th, 1997, 02:19 PM
Jeff Nevitt

Thanks for the info. We are going to Bermuda in July and were planning a return visit to Once Upon a Table. We were there 5 years ago and loved it. Thanks for saving us an expensive bad experience. Which other restaurants did you eat at and do you recommend any?

Old Jun 12th, 1997, 06:55 AM
Barbara

Jeff - We stayed at the Southampton Princess and ate most of our dinners there with the exception of Once Upon a Table and The Fourways. Fourways was good, but again my husband who had also eaten here in '85 was a little disppointed. Our best dinner was at the Newport Room in the Southampton Princess. I would recommend it. We also ate at both The Lobster Pot and Little Venice in Hamilton for lunch and really enjoyed both of them. The restaurant at Lantana Colony Club was also very good for lunch. Hope you enjoy your visit. If you do change your mind and decide to try Once Upon a Table, let me know what you thought.