Bermuda-- nice but reasonable cottage for OCT?

May 31st, 1998, 07:34 PM
carolyn loucas

Bermuda-- nice but reasonable cottage for OCT?

I'm going to Bermuda in October and would like to find a nice 1 BR cottage to rent near Hamilton. Any referrals? I know there must be some tucked away gems available to travelers who know Bermuda and how to get around. Let me know.

Thanks!
Carolyn

Jun 10th, 1998, 06:51 AM
Betty

I usually stay near the south shore but have heard wonderful things about Salt Kettle.

Jun 18th, 1998, 04:21 AM
martha jackson

We have gone to Bermuda the last 2 Feb. and loved it. We stayed at the Surf Side on the south shore, and would never stay anywhere else. A cottage with full kitchen, porch right over the ocean, a nice beach, lovely pool area, coffee shop for eating out, and only 115$/night! The people are great, the grounds beautiful. Buy a 3 or 7-day bus pass - you then can travel anywhere on the island and also on the ferries that ply the waters around Hamilton. We freeze meat to take on the plane, and then buy vegetables, etc. when we get there. Groceries and also eating out are expensive, and cooking in can be fun. Enjoy!

Jun 18th, 1998, 04:21 AM
martha jackson

We have gone to Bermuda the last 2 Feb. and loved it. We stayed at the Surf Side on the south shore, and would never stay anywhere else. A cottage with full kitchen, porch right over the ocean, a nice beach, lovely pool area, coffee shop for eating out, and only 115$/night! The people are great, the grounds beautiful. Buy a 3 or 7-day bus pass - you then can travel anywhere on the island and also on the ferries that ply the waters around Hamilton. We freeze meat to take on the plane, and then buy vegetables, etc. when we get there. Groceries and also eating out are expensive, and cooking in can be fun. Enjoy!

Oct 4th, 1998, 02:32 PM
POLLY

Avoid Marley Beach Cottages. Overpriced and not very clean. Would not refer anyone to this property.