Reload this Page >

Bermuda-March-Where to Stay Help

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 08:23 AM
Mark

My wife, 7 year old son, and I decided today that we are going to go to Bermuda on March 16th so we just booked flights for a short 3 day weekend (to see what it's like there). We haven't picked out a place to stay yet and I was hoping we would have enough time to ask around. We are not beach people (I'm sure it'll be too cold anyhow) but we do love lots to be very active. And, for such a short trip I would like to stay at the best possible place I can find - money not being a big concern. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I've heard of the Reefs being nice, I heard some "not great" things about the two Princess Hotels (even though they sound like they are in a good area).

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 05:22 PM
Ray Snow

Hi Mark, <BR> <BR>There is nothing wrong with either of the Fairmont Princess Hotels. I like the Reefs better because it is right down by its own beautiful private beach and is smaller than the 2 big Princess hotels. I also like the Sonesta Beach Hotel which is next door to the Reefs. There are several other excellent places to stay in Bermuda, however, including the Pink Beach Club & Cottages and Cambridge Beaches. One advantage of staying at the Hamilton Princess (especailly in March) is it is centrally located and close to shopping and several good restaurants. You may want to visit the following websites: http://www.bermuda.com and http://www.bermudatourism.com. <BR> <BR>Regards, <BR>Ray

Old Feb 24th, 2001, 04:30 AM
julie

Id definitely stay at either the Reefs or Pink Beach. Even for such a short trip, be sure & hop a bus or better yet, take a taxi tour, & see some of the island. You'll definitely want to go back.

Old Feb 26th, 2001, 07:21 AM
Sean

We stayed at the Marriott a few times and love it. There's a good golf course at the hotel. Or you might want to stay closer to Hamilton.

Old Feb 26th, 2001, 07:51 AM
penny

The Marriot CastleHarbor is closed, but the golf course is still open. Rosewood is building a new luxury resort. Should be interesting when its done.