Reload this Page >

Been to Trinidad or Antigua?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18th, 2000, 03:02 PM
debbie

Planning a November cruise to Southern Caribbean and above two on itinerary for a day stop. <BR> <BR>Have you been? Please share any comments you have. <BR> <BR>Thank you very much.

Old Mar 20th, 2000, 08:13 AM
Christie

Two suggestions for Antigua: <BR>1. If you want to see history and local culture, take a BoTours Jeep Tour. They will meet you at the pier and have you back in time for departure.The guides are very friendly and knowledgeable. We loved our tour! Look at www.botours.comfor mor einfo, and you'll need to arrange in advance due to your schedule. <BR>2. If you want to just kick back on a lovely beach, have a taxi driver take you to Half Moon Bay. It is lovely!! There is a local restaurant there, plus the Blue Waters hotel. <BR>Cheers!

Old Mar 22nd, 2000, 05:47 AM
debbie

Hi Christie! Thank you for your advice. Are there many interesting things to see on Antigua? Did you take this tour vs. ship tour? I will check their website and thank you for giving me this address.

Old Mar 22nd, 2000, 06:14 AM
Christie

We visited Antigua for a week two summers ago. We chose the island because it seemed to have the most interesting history in the Caribbean, and my husband is a history buff! <BR> <BR>Yes- there are LOTS of things to see on Antigua! One of our favorites was the Nelson's Dockyard area, which is Antigua's national park and the former HQ of Admiral Horatio Nelson's British Navy fleet! My husband loved the history there, and the grounds were quite beautiful. <BR> <BR>Since you'll just be there for the day, you won't be able to cover the whole island. We took the full day BoTours tour and that was one of the highlights of our trip!

Old Mar 28th, 2000, 07:05 AM
debbie

Hi Christie, the tour description on web looked interesting so I e-mailed them and await a brochure. Again, thank you for the advise of Bo Tours and their web address.

Old Mar 28th, 2000, 10:50 PM
April

In Antigua I would go to Nelson's Dockyard and probably a beach. In Trinidad, not my favourite place in the world, somewhere outside of Port of Spain. Trinidad might be the place to take a tour - Antigua I'd do on my own.