Search

Beaches on Guadeloupe

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 10:38 AM
olivia

Beaches on Guadeloupe

Are the beaches in Guadeloupe generally ok with topless bathing and is there a naturist beach on any part of the island/s.

Old Mar 8th, 2001, 12:18 AM
Joelle

Topless bathing is OK, but naturist beaches are not easy to find, as it is generally not so well accepted by local people.

Old Mar 8th, 2001, 05:35 PM
paul

Topless beaches are commonplace on Guadeloupe, the rule rather than the exception. As for naturist beaches, I can't think of any except for on Terre de Haut (Les Saintes) where there is at least one.

Old Mar 8th, 2001, 11:27 PM
Joelle

The "naturist" beach exists in Les Saintes but is not accepted by the muncipality. Therefore you may receive unexpected visit from the "gendarmes" checking the beach...

Old Mar 9th, 2001, 06:55 PM
olivia

thanks for your reply; someone mentioned to me that they thought the beach at the Club Med was available for naturists, which I thought was a bit surprising.

Old Mar 10th, 2001, 04:18 AM
Paul

Once upon a time, La Caravelle beach at Club Med had a clothing optional section. No longer the case.

Old Mar 10th, 2001, 02:47 PM
xxx

I was recently (Feb) at Caravelle (Club Med) Beach in guadeloupe - many topless but I saw no one completely undressed.