Reload this Page >

Casa Caribe, Grand Cayman

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10th, 2002, 01:55 PM
Diana

I'm interested in any information on the<BR>Casa Caribe condos in Grand Cayman.<BR>Planning a trip July 2002.

Old Feb 10th, 2002, 02:45 PM
xxx

Diana, could you be more specific about the type of information you desire? Casa Caribe is on a nice part of Seven Mile Beach. It has spacious condos, along the lines of the Colonial Club. Good floorplan. Go to www.caymanvacations.com for more info. I'm not endorsing this site for booking as I never have, but they have a good listing of condos on Grand Cayman.

Old Feb 10th, 2002, 04:40 PM
Diana

I've been to Grand Cayman once before, but never had the opportunity to visit any condos. Casa Caribe was listed as a 5 star condo and had a great beach rating. I'm specifically interested if the condo is clean, spacious or new. If you're familiar with other condos, how does this one compare? Can you make any other recommendations? Great beach is extremely important to me, thanks for the verification.

Old Feb 10th, 2002, 06:17 PM
fgh

Like the previous poster said, both Casa Caribe and Colonial Club are on perfect stretches of 7MB. You can walk to shopping, restaurants, water sports at the hotels, ferry to Rum Point, etc. Neither one is new but they are very well maintained. Both condos have almost identical layouts. They were built by the same developer. The nice thing about the layouts is the wide, screened porch--probably about 24 ft wide--longer than most of the newer condos which tend to be narrower because of the high cost of land. These condos also have 3 bedrooms and some have 3 ensuite bathrooms. I have only stayed at Colonial Club but investigated Casa Caribe. You can't go wrong with either. We always like staying at a condo where we are within walking distance to many things. The beach is very wide along there and never crowded.Enjoy.

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 06:08 AM
xxx

Diana,<BR>Casa Caribe and Colonial Club are probably two of the nicest condo developments that allow rentals. They are both at least 15 years old, with Casa Caribe a little older. I understand Casa Caribe has been renovated recently; I would check directly with them. As fgh said, both are well-maintained. Colonial Club is right next to the Hyatt; this can be good or bad depending on you preferences.<BR><BR>Probably the only nicer newer condo rentals are the Coralstone Club or Avalon. As fgh mentioned, these have smaller units and narrower screened porches. Beaches at both of these places are good. Avalon is probably a touch nicer.

Old Feb 12th, 2002, 10:32 AM
x

The Avalon is gorgeous!!! Its beach is perfect and usually empty. If you can afford it, you will not be disappointed!

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 02:40 AM
xxx

You are not in walking distance to anything if you stay at Avalon or anywhere else on then northern strtch of 7 mile beach. You'll need a car to do anything. The beach is gorgeous everywhere on 7mb north of the Marriot!

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 04:47 AM
car

Rent a car if you can! Its fun to drive on the left and you can explore more of the island and not feel restricted.