Notices

Beaches at St. Barts

Old Jan 29th, 2006, 12:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beaches at St. Barts

The Diva is now considering St. Barts for her next adventure; however, she has some concern abbout the beaches. Although snorkeling is not terribly important, the Diva does like to go for long walks on soft sand and likes to swim. Additionally, the Diva does not like crowded beaches (although some people watching is ok) and really likes a few spots with ultimate privacy . The Diva has been to the beaches at Parrot Cay and Cap and has found them quite to her liking. She knows St. Barts' beaches may not compare to those but is trying to figure out if they would still meet her desires. Any advice would be appreciated would be appreciated. Thanks
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 12:43 PM

I went to St. Barts about 4 years ago and found the beaches to be really beautiful - and quite an assortment. I think there are around 7 beaches. My favorite was Flammands - a crescent of white sand with hills all around. It was about as perfect as beaches get.

Check them all out on St. Barts website: www.st-barths.com
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 12:46 PM

St. Bart's beaches are not very long, except for the fairly busy one of St. Jean. Salines beach is quiet, nice, good sand, moderate length, also topless/nude for those so inclined.
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 02:52 PM

I enjoy both St Jean and although not exactly what you describe as the type of beach you'd want to visit I have always enjoyed Shell Beach.
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 03:03 PM
ccc

St. Barts and its beaches are awesome. While you will not find totally deserted beaches, none of them are wildly crowded and virtually all are beautiful. Other than Vieques (which does have long, deserted beaches), I can't think of a better place to go.
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 04:27 PM

Just came back from SBH at the end of Nov. the beaches have changed a lot over the years. A lot of erosion and like almost everywhere else more crowded. They really do not compare to Parrot Cay. St Barths is great, but if you want to take long walks on bright white sand, this is really not the place.
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 05:28 PM

Diva, you have the same tastes in beaches that I do. While I had a nice time in St. Bart's, it's not one of my favorites for beaches.
Have you considered Harbour Island in the Bahamas?