beach snorkeling

Jun 12th, 2004, 01:06 PM
Original Poster

beach snorkeling

I love to snorkle, but am not a fan of climbing in & out of boats. I would love to get some advice on the best beach snorkleing in these areas: St. Thomas, Dominca, Aruba,
San Juan, & Barbados. Any other information on these locales would also be greatly appreciated. Thank You!
Jun 12th, 2004, 07:59 PM

Aruba has some great snorkling and diving! you can swim out and snorkle at baby beach and few other areas, they also had catamaran trips to go snorkling with a walk down ladder into the water
Jun 13th, 2004, 01:11 AM

The one destination a scuba/snorkel enthusiast always hears about in regards to beach diving/snorkeling in the Caribbean is Bonaire. In fact, it's the top rated dive site in the Caribbean by readers of Rodale's Scuba Diving magazine:
http://www.scubadiving.com/article/0...-0-684,00.html

For the USVI's, definitely St John over St Thomas.
Jun 13th, 2004, 09:46 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much Blue Fan & fireguy9. I appreciate the suggestions. Fireguy, I had done some reading about Baby Beach & it sounds great, glad to hear you agree..hope it will be easily accessible for our one day stay in Aruba.
Jun 13th, 2004, 05:09 PM

it is totally accessible,,,,, We rented a scooter and travelled to the different beaches during our stay and had no problem swimming out to snorkle,, enjoy !!! I can't wait to be able to go again!
Jun 13th, 2004, 05:41 PM
Original Poster

Fireguy9,
Thank you again...now about the scooter..lol, do you have a place you recommend to rent them? Were you there from a cruise or staying on island? Can we see most of the island in our one day (7:00am - 11pm.) It's really difficult to get a feel for the time needed from books & web sites..lol I am grateful for any info you may have! Thx!