Reload this Page >

beach and water quality

Search

beach and water quality

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2001, 02:56 PM
rob

beach and water quality

We will be going to st lucia for our honeymoon in july..we plan on staying at sandals golf, then ledera, then the hilton..My question is regarding water clarity and beach quality..Is the water clear and light blue looking like pictures at turks, or darker? and are the beaches fairly soft and large? thanks for replys, we keep changing our minds..

Old May 24th, 2001, 05:52 PM
Kim

Yes, the water is blue and you will have a wonderful time, take lots of film. We just returned from Sandals Golf & Spa resort we loved it!

Old May 25th, 2001, 03:35 AM
Cyntgu

<BR>Not the same electric green-blue you saw in Turks & Caicos. The water is deeper blue. And the clarity is nothing compared to Turks either. St. Lucia is a volcanic island & the sand is dark & coarse. But it's a beautiful, romantic island.

Old May 25th, 2001, 10:31 AM
rob

thanks, now how about weather? looks like it's cloudy all the time, and based on historical reports, this looks to be true..My wife loves the sun and would be heartbroken with bad weather...We also want to scuba and snorkel often, are we better off at turks or caymen? I can't believe i'm having so much difficulty with this.. I like the tropical setting, but worry about weather in july..it's a place we want to go anyway, and i think atying at those 3 places will be interesting..more input please <BR>thanks

Old May 25th, 2001, 12:40 PM
Kim

Dont fret about the weather, it rains about every other day but only for about 10 minutes, and thats in the early afternoon and the rest of the day is beautiful. Ill go with you!

Old May 29th, 2001, 05:23 AM
Cheryl

Rob: Please post a trip report when you return. I notice that you are staying on the north side and then on the south side (Ladera and Hilton). My husband and I are considering a vacation and splitting time, however we can't decide whether to split time between north/south or just stay in south and split between Ladera/Hilton. (We want to stay at Ladera but not for whole week.) So we have been thinking about something like you describe ... first part of vacation in north, then last part in south, ending at the Hilton. I just wonder about changing hotels so often, because we will lose those days with the whole check-out/travel/check-in process. How much time are you taking for your vacation? I would be interested in your impressions when you return.

Old May 29th, 2001, 12:57 PM
rob

we are going for 14 days...8 days at sandals, then 3 at ladera, then 3 at hilton..i was a little concerned about the check in process, but i figured since the last 2 are so close, it shouldn't be a big deal...we'll let you know how it was...