Reload this Page >

Tamarind cove or colony club, pelase help

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 07:59 AM
sandy

My husband & I are planning to visit Barbados in April & need advise/help. Since Tamarind & Colony club are sisters property, which resort do you like most for the room, grounds, pool and the beach area. How is the weather/beach for going into the water in April. Any advise would be greatly apprecitated. Thank you. SHould we also rent a car since driving is on the left side. Taxi rate, expensive or not?

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 10:24 AM
Fabian

Both resorts are equally nice. I've stayed at both and would not stay at any other properties outside of the chain. I enjoyed my stay at the Colony Club more and I felt the rooms look slighlty better and cost less. The beaches in the Colony Club area are very calm and warm year round. There is free water-skiing lessons. The pools are quiet and the waterfalls add a nice touch.<BR><BR>I've stopped driving in Barbados and found the minivans and taxis to be a much better alternative.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 11:39 AM
sandy

Fabian,<BR><BR>Do you know anything about "The House at Tamarind Cove" which is suppose to be more luxury and part of the Tamaind Cove resort? Did you stay at the Colony club before the renovation or after the Renovation which is in November, 2001. thank you.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 02:00 PM
Betty

Fabian,<BR>My daughter is getting married in Barbados in Jan and we are thinking about having it on the beach at the Colony Club and then going to the beach bar for cocktails afterwards. Is the beach area nice, would it be quiet around 4:00pm and what is the beach bar like?

Old May 20th, 2002, 01:31 PM
ruth

topping

Old Jul 15th, 2003, 07:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have there been any other experiences or reports on The House at Tamarind? I am going there late September/early October and am interested in what people have to say about the accomodations. Thanks in advance.