Barbados, Provo or St. John

Old Jan 10th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Barbados, Provo or St. John

Hi. My husband and I are trying to decide on a vacation spot for a 5 night stay. We are deciding between Barbados, Provo and St. John. We love Aruba and Grand Cayman. We're looking for a place where we can spend some time checking out the island and some time on the beach.
Old Jan 10th, 2012, 12:55 PM

Since you already love GC and Aruba, you'll love Provo.

for only 5 nights Barbados and St. John are harder to get to and you'll loose time.

Provo's beach is far superior to Aruba's and even better than GCs.

Provo has excellent restaurants with amazing settings.

For what you want I would pick Provo!
Old Jan 10th, 2012, 01:14 PM
KVR

What are you looking for on vacation and what did you love so much about Aruba and Grand Cayman?

Provo does have a fabulous beach, but other than water activities there is not much there to do. Shopping and nightlife are quite limited. It is the place to chill. I would say St. John is the about the same.

I also loved Aruba and GC. Provo and St. John were fine, but given the choice I would go with Barbados. More restaurants, more night life and more things to see and do off property that is not all water related. We are looking at Barbados for August for 6-7 nights.
Old Jan 11th, 2012, 04:39 AM

Definitely agree with blamona - if you love the Caribbean, Provo is a must-see, once you're here, jump on a ferry to discover North Caicos (about 2500 people live there) via rental car then go over the causeway to Middle Caicos (about 300 people live there).
Old Jan 11th, 2012, 06:55 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Barbados will be most like Aruba & Grand Cayman---busy, somewhat crowded beach. St. John, beautiful, but I'd want more time than 5 days, you'll be in the car a lot

For 5 days it would be Grace Bay for us. Easy to get to, FANTASTIC beach and outstanding restaurants.