Search

BARBADOS OR ARUBA??

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2000, 08:27 AM
MICHELLE

BARBADOS OR ARUBA??

IM LOOKING TO TRAVEL IN NOV OF 2000 I NEED AN ISLAND THAT HAS SHOPPING, NIGHTLIFE, IS CLEAN, FRIENDLY,HAS GOOD FISHING, IS SAFE. IM THINKING OF ARUBA OR BARBADOS. IF THERE IS SOMEWHERE ELSE THAT DESCRIBES THIS PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANK YOU =)

Old Jun 1st, 2000, 06:46 AM
Eileen

Michelle -- I have been to both Islands but it's been 10 years since Barbados -- just went to Aruba in March. They both have pros and cons. I think you will find Barbados much more expensive, Barbados has a much more lush, tropical landscape -- Aruba is like Phoenix with water - very desert-like. They both have great beaches and golf. Aruba was clean, safe and small (easier to get around) Barbados is much larger and I was nervous walking around and I found it dirty (there is more poverty in Barbados). But Barbados has some spectacular scenery. I was not impressed with the shopping at either place. I found Aruba friendlier. If you are going alone or with other women, I would definitely pick Aruba.

Old Jun 1st, 2000, 06:50 AM
Erika

Try these aruba websites to help you decide: www.aruba-bb.com and www.visitaruba.com Good luck!

Old Jun 1st, 2000, 10:38 AM
Leila

We usually go to Barbados 1 to 2 times a year and really love it there. The beaches are beautiful and clean, varying from calm water on the west and south coasts to large waves, high cliffs, and rocky coasts on the east and north. There's a wide varity of restaurants and there's alot of nightlife with live bands. We find Barbados to be a very friendly country, even in the poorer areas of the island the people were helpful and friendly. The majority, to me it seems, that the island is mostly middle class, as there is a low unemployment rate and high education rate in Bim. There have been many nights where I've gone out clubbing with girlfriends until very late and the locals are not pushy at all, actually thats what makes Barbados nightlife so much more fun, there's a 50/50 split between tourists and locals.

Old Jun 2nd, 2000, 11:24 AM
Rick

Our first trip to Barbados last February was a real treat. I've been throughout the Caribbean the past 30 years and found it to be the safest feeling island. However, we stayed on the West Coast near Holetown and did not get down to St. Lawrence Gap which may be dicier. RK