Barbados in May

Old May 4th, 1999, 01:36 PM
vinnie

Barbados in May

We are going to Barbados (first time) late this month. We're staying on the west coast, and tend to think that we won't need any activities besides beach and dinner. The first I take to be pretty easy to manage; as to the latter, will I need to wear a jacket and tie for the better restaurants (a la Bermuda)or can I get away with packing less?

Also, any absolute "must see" sites, or can we simply loll in the sun for three or four days without too many regrets?

Old May 4th, 1999, 06:05 PM
STACE

just got back. Some of the nicer resaurants require pants. I don't hink you'll need a tie but they ask that you not wear shorts. There are sights to see but we just sat on the beach. That was fine. Have a great trip.

Old May 7th, 1999, 12:10 AM
April

The west coast is best in my opinion... but it would be a shame not to tour around for at least a day. I would drive to the top end and back down through Bathsheba. Visit Welchman's Hall Gully or just zigzag across the country roads.

Old May 7th, 1999, 02:34 AM
Cathy

Vinnie - You definitely do not need a jacket or tie. Dockers or chinos and a decent shirt are acceptable anywhere. I agree with the previous responses you got, and it would be a shame not to see the rest of the island. It is a lot of fun to rent a moke or a car and drive around for the day, but there are some good tour companies as well. Have fun!

Old May 23rd, 1999, 07:26 AM
Ted

Vinnie, if you wnt good information about Barbados, e-mail Cathy. We went for a week in April and got lots of good tips from her prior to our trip. We had such a great stay, we're going back next year. Enjoy yourself.