Barbados-Honeymoon???

Old Mar 20th, 1998, 09:46 AM
LES

Barbados-Honeymoon???

We were planning on going to St. Lucia (SANDALS HALCYON) but may have to change our plans due to plane scheduling out of Toronto airport. Our honeymoon is for Sept 14 -one week (in rain season!). Our other choice is Barbados (want all-inclusive equal to Sandals), and are thinking of Almond Beach Club Resort in St.James. Anyone been here? What is it like? We are looking for good/variety in restaurants, laid back non-crowded atmosphere, freindly island/safe, tropical paradise. Would you recommend Barbados and Almond Resort or should we try and work out going to St. Lucia instead? What is the island like, what can we expect as far as snorkeling? Weather? Any info would be terrific. thanks in advance. Please e-mail me if you can with specifics. Booking soon.....

Old Mar 21st, 1998, 05:38 AM
Lisa Brown

Iam also going on my honeymoon in September to Barbados and I haven't had any bad reports. I believe Barbados is out of the hurricane belt for a start and even when there is rain, it's in showers in the afternoon and then you just dry off naturally. I have heard that St Lucia can be very wet then. Sorry this info is only what I have heard - I posted a question about the weather in Barbadis myself a while ago and this is what they said in the responses. The best peron to ask would be Cathy who answers all the Barbados questions on this forum and has been there 16 times. She has been a great help to me. Thanks Cathy! Have a lovely honeymoon...

Old Aug 29th, 1998, 07:48 AM
Marcie

My husband and I have been to Barbados, Almond Beach Club 2 times, in 1995 and 1997. WE LOVED IT! Very laid back only 150 rooms with open-air atmostphere, variety of excellent and gourmet food (and all you want). In addition, any drink and all you want. They have a sister resort, Almond Beach Village, but too large for me, I think 400 rooms or more for the singles and families, but you have access to both resorts and the seafood restaurant on the beach was awesome. Almond Beach Club has great breakfast buffets, and ala carte lunches and dinners. We stayed a week each time and every meal was excellent. The small restaurant next to the game room has wonderful local fare. And for one of those nights you feel like staying up late and partying, they have a great piano bar. The people there are very nice and the island is very safe. The beach is quiet with a reef, great for snorkeling. Breath-taking sunsets ... and to top it off the day, the sky at night is covered with stars. I did a great deal of research before we decided on Barbados. Low crime. You can drink the water. We took a wonderful party/snorkeling cruise to the south of the island and a bus island tour. We are thinking of going again next Apr/May. We have only been in the spring so I cannot say how the weather will be during hurricane season. We had a shower a couple days that lasted all of 15 minutes and then it was paradise all over again. If you have any other questions, please Email me..although this maybe a little late...

Old Aug 29th, 1998, 08:30 AM
Bob

We honeymooned in Barbados in 1987 and went back for our 8th anniversary in '95. Great place to relax, beaches are calm on the west side, night life and restaurants in St lawrence gap, dont miss Bathsheba or the Atlantis sub! Flying fish and breadfruit are the national diet, and can be prepared many ways, keep trying all variations. There is a cultural dinner show in the new national art center in bridgetown that is educational and entertaining. Enjoy, it is a safe isle with friendly and helpful people.

Old Aug 29th, 1998, 01:09 PM
audra

There are many nice places to stay in Barbados and the Almond is one of the nicer resorts. You should check out smaller hotels however like the Crane Beach Resort www.thecrane.com if you are looking for something that is laid back and not crowded. There are just 18 rooms in the whole resort and it is located on a wonderful beach.

Old Aug 29th, 1998, 01:09 PM
audra

There are many nice places to stay in Barbados and the Almond is one of the nicer resorts. You should check out smaller hotels however like the Crane Beach Resort www.thecrane.com if you are looking for something that is laid back and not crowded. There are just 18 rooms in the whole resort and it is located on a wonderful beach. It is not all inclusive.