Search

Barbados at Christmas

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Barbados at Christmas

My wife and I are thinking of takingour 2 chrildren and my daughter's boyfriend south at Christmas time. (Ages 17,19, and 20)Would like to rent a villa directly on a long wide beach for a week with a little activity around.Is there a place in Barbados that fits the bill.? We want to make sure it is beach weather.
Old Nov 17th, 2010, 08:04 AM

It is beach weather, but Christmas time is high season. It is also very rare to find villas directly on the beach.
Old Nov 17th, 2010, 10:01 AM

Barbados is beautiful in December. The weather is perfect, however, as previously mentioned, it is high season. My only advice about finding a place directly on the beach would be to rent out somebody's home for the week. Very rarely will you find any resorts offering villas on the beach.
Old Nov 17th, 2010, 10:25 AM

Yes, agree with others - you'll certainly find "beach weather" on Barbados at Christmas. While I can't help you with recommending a beachfront villa I think you should know that Christmas is a very busy time and finding accommodations might be a bit challenging as many places are booked up a year in advance. I suggest you solidify your plans s quickly as possible since Christmas is only about 6 weeks away. Expect to see the highest prices of the year.

Do a google search for "Barbados Villa rentals" for lots of links.

We used WIMCO (www.wimco.com) several times in the past with great success. they have over 150 villa listings on Barbados.

Don't shy away from non-beachfront villas - some have spectacular views are are only minutes away from the beach.
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 09:32 AM

Agreed, a google search is ygiven your requirementour best bet given your requirements. Reason being Christmas will command higher rates and these are even more expensive for popular in demand properties. There are plenty of villas near the sea that may exceed your expectaions but definitely use google above all means.